What did you cook, eat or drink today (October 2018)?

Two portions of my friend Lucy's goats' cheese. It's young, fresh, soft and has a pleasant lemony taste.

Lucy's goats' cheese.JPG

Two exquisite examples of top class French patisserie that I picked up yesterday :

Millefeuille (the lower of the two) - a delightful creamy custard separated by wafer-thin pieces of pastry and topped with a glaze (I'm still not sure what the glaze is and I'm trying to find out)

Fraisier (the upper image) - I've not tried this yet but it looks gorgeous (full of strawberry) and it feels quite heavy. I'd planned to sample this later today in front of the fire with a pot of herbal tea and the latest Kate Atkinson novel ... but as the temperature has just soared back into the 20s, I'll have to rethink my ideas. Perhaps outside in the shade with a cool drink ….

Concoret patisserie.jpg

Two exquisite examples of top class French patisserie that I picked up yesterday :

Millefeuille (the lower of the two) - a delightful creamy custard separated by wafer-thin pieces of pastry and topped with a glaze (I'm still not sure what the glaze is and I'm trying to find out)

Fraisier (the upper image) - I've not tried this yet but it looks gorgeous (full of strawberry) and it feels quite heavy. I'd planned to sample this later today in front of the fire with a pot of herbal tea and the latest Kate Atkinson novel ... but as the temperature has just soared back into the 20s, I'll have to rethink my ideas. Perhaps outside in the shade with a cool drink ….

View attachment 19653

They look delicious!

Back
Top Bottom