What did you cook, eat or drink today (October 2018)?

Crispy skin roasted chicken thighs, seasoned bread cube dressing, gravy from drippings, peas and carrots.

Tonight was a herb omelette and salad with a very good ciabatta loaf from a local bakery.

fullsizeoutput_15.jpeg

Two exquisite examples of top class French patisserie that I picked up yesterday :

Millefeuille (the lower of the two) - a delightful creamy custard separated by wafer-thin pieces of pastry and topped with a glaze (I'm still not sure what the glaze is and I'm trying to find out)

Fraisier (the upper image) - I've not tried this yet but it looks gorgeous (full of strawberry) and it feels quite heavy. I'd planned to sample this later today in front of the fire with a pot of herbal tea and the latest Kate Atkinson novel ... but as the temperature has just soared back into the 20s, I'll have to rethink my ideas. Perhaps outside in the shade with a cool drink ….

View attachment 19653

I'm a French food lover and these patisserie look top notch. We are planning a trip to Paris before Christmas and we like to go to our favourite cafés and eat patisserie with coffee and watch the world go by.

I have mine turned off. Ever since my 2017 "What I want for Christmas" letter went to Satan.

A friend was taking her kids and their friends to see "The Peanuts Movie".

She kept doing a Google voice search to find out what theaters it was playing in, and when.

The predictive search response kept dropping the T in Peanuts, repeating it back.

The kids couldn't stop laughing.

Grilled pork tenderloin marinated in a 3-mustard/honey/cream mix, then served with the same (reserved mix) as a sauce. Sides were packet potatoes, seasoned potatoes in a foil packet, cooked on the grill plus honeydew and watermelon chunks.

The last portion of the current preparation of JO's blackened pork ribs - with roast potatoes and garden peas.

8 s.jpg

Last edited:
I whipped this up for company this morning.

Breakfast burritos.

Eggs with sauteed red peppers, onions, and garlic and a cilantro aioli.

20181006_091132.jpg

Lunch today, my husband had a chicken sandwich and I had fish and chips. Tonight is wine tasting and curry night :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom