What did you cook, eat or drink today (September 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks good. What is in that lemon sauce?

I'll do a proper recipe tomorrow. Basically fry off the chicken breasts in butter and put into dish. Add lemon juice and rind, single cream and sherry, heat without boiling and pour over chicken. Dot some butter over the chicken and then crumble some Lancashire cheese over it. Grill till golden and bubbly, decorate with peppers and parsley.

Man those wee gerkins look good, I preserve them when in season. Great with pate and breads. Your whole meal looks great mg.

Russ

I'll do a proper recipe tomorrow. Basically fry off the chicken breasts in butter and put into dish. Add lemon juice and rind, single cream and sherry, heat without boiling and pour over chicken. Dot some butter over the chicken and then crumble some Lancashire cheese over it. Grill till golden and bubbly, decorate with peppers and parsley.
I'm gunna try this, so easy and looks great. Thanks.

Russ

42254637_259981421323158_1024619243653562368_n.jpg
My sacrilegious sausage carbonara ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good.
I've been planning on making a mussels carbonara some time soon, after seeing it on a TV show.

Dinner last night was a tostado with a base of refried black beans, topped with boiled sweet potato chunks tossed in a glaze of pineapple, garlic, cumin, chipotle in adobo, plus thin sliced red cabbage, a pineapple/cilantro/garlic salsa, with a crema drizzle. It was actually very good and quite pretty but I didn't get a picture.

It's also vegetarian if you use something other than lard for the refried beans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom