What did you cook, eat or drink today (September 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a local steak house for dinner. Ordered it rare +. Turned out perfectly.

20180925_165304.jpg

We had spicy peanut butter sauce chicken with spozoodles (spiralized sweet potato and zucchini noodles). It was NOT a pretty dish but was very good. A definite make again.

It could even be vegan if you used tofu instead of the chicken.

Tofu. Or maybe an empty cardboard box?

Tofu is fine if treated properly. I know you don't like it but I think you have only had it once or twice many years ago. It can be truly tasteless or worse than. It really needs to be marinated. I could probably convince you if only I could cook some for you! Its not going to come top of my list of favourite foods, but I do like it combined with other ingredients.

Tofu. Or maybe an empty cardboard box?

We've made a couple of dishes lately using tofu and both were pretty good. Craig and I both actually LOVED one of them, Lion's head meatballs, and Craig has always hated even the mention of tofu. He's calls it toad's food.

Tofu is fine if treated properly. I know you don't like it but I think you have only had it once or twice many years ago.

Yes, I had it twice in a Chinese restaurant in Kuala Lumpur (why twice, I've no idea). However it was preferable to chrysanthemum bulb soup which was also on the menu.

I've also eaten a number of other items of "food" in Chinese restaurants in Malaysia and China which I have not had a wish to re-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom