What did you cook, eat or drink today (September 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pork Souvlaki, lemon potatoes..
42748539_285042468999611_5359537930303963136_n.jpg
ork

Pork Souvlaki, lemon potatoes..
View attachment 19556 ork

Mmmm, I haven't had a good souvlaki in years; not since my favourite Greek joint on 77th and Broadway- Big Nick's - closed.

They used to sell their pork souvlaki as "mixed grill" saying it was part lamb. Over years of patronizing the place, I found out that they would save the fat from lamb roasts and frenched racks, mince it, then render the lamb fat a little, then mix it into the marinating pork chunks.

The lamb fat gave the pork an amazing taste, especially when served on a pita with lettuce, tomato, raw onion, feta, and tsatsiki.

Oh, man, now I want souvlaki.

Unfortunately, I have to use back loin as that is what we cut our boneless chops from at the deli. I leave a bit of back fat on and try to skewer them for maximum efect when grilling. Once they are dipped in the tzadziki it tastes pretty good.

Yes, that's what "soaking" the fairly lean pork chunks in lamb fat was for. It added a certain sompin sompin.

Hiw do you make your tsatsiki?

Yes, that's what "soaking" the fairly lean pork chunks in lamb fat was for. It added a certain sompin sompin.

Hiw do you make your tsatsiki?
Usually, yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, mint or dill, salt, peoper. And fresh parsley

One thing we have discovered is focaccia to share, 1 chunk each of the freshest lightest focaccia I have ever tasted served with a hot bowl of melted garlic butter to dip the bread in.:D :thumbsup:

My birthday dinner at work last night was a good one, albeit lonely.

Sausage, pepper (both hot and sweet), and onion pizza; thin crust, not too much cheese. A few shots of Dave's Insanity Sauce for the kicker.

I may have to hold on to the toilet seat this morning, or risk attaining low Earth orbit.

My birthday dinner at work last night was a good one, albeit lonely.

Sausage, pepper (both hot and sweet), and onion pizza; thin crust, not too much cheese. A few shots of Dave's Insanity Sauce for the kicker.

I may have to hold on to the toilet seat this morning, or risk attaining low Earth orbit.

Belated Happy Birthday! but I'm REALLY glad I'm not around you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom