What did you cook, eat or drink today (September 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cooked char siu again today. I'm embarrassed to say that the packet mix is far superior to my own efforts (although I add a little honey).

2 s.jpg

3 s.jpg

6 s.jpg

I'm embarrassed to say that the packet mix is far superior to my own efforts (although I add a little honey).

Didn't you post the ingredients in the packet mix? I have a little memory that it contains red colouring. Couldn't you copy-cat the ingredients?

Didn't you post the ingredients in the packet mix? I have a little memory that it contains red colouring. Couldn't you copy-cat the ingredients?

Actually, there's not much point. The packet mix costs Bht 10.00 to marinade those two loins (about 20 pence). It would probably do four at a push.

I believe that I did post a picture of the packet on here at one time.

A bit of a picture backlog - my PC has not been at all happy with a newly installed broadband router.
IMG_0617a.jpg

My wife cooked a smoked salmon risotto on Thursday night. Divine.
IMG_0619.JPG

Lunch yesterday - Moules Normande. Shallot, leeks, bacon lardons, apples from the garden, cider and cream. I've just noticed that the photo is upside down, but you get the idea.
IMG_0620a.jpg

Green Thai Curry last night.
IMG_0621a.jpg

Breakfast this morning

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to a pub new to us for lunch and had this steak and ale pie. Pies are made in house, you can tell by the look of it that it wasn't factory made, light tasty pastry and big chunks of meat served with proper thick gravy. We don't normally eat a big meal at lunch but today we made an exception, won't need to eat again for a very long time

FB_IMG_1536413831558.jpg

We went to a pub new to us for lunch and had this steak and ale pie. Pies are made in house, you can tell by the look of it that it wasn't factory made, light tasty pastry and big chunks of meat served with proper thick gravy. We don't normally eat a big meal at lunch but today we made an exception, won't need to eat again for a very long time

What's with the Zen chips?

19 s.jpg

Tamales.

Green with roasted skinned poblanos, corn, queso fresco, topped with salsa verde and crema.

Red with shredded chicken cooked in dried red chile (arbol, ancho, guajillo) sauce, topped with some of the red sauce, crema and queso fresco cheese.

Notice the Mexican flag colors?

2018-09-08 19.15.57.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom