What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P_20180331_174731.jpg
P_20180331_174723.jpg

Moules and frites sprinkled with our own grown wild garlic, smoked garlic mayonnaise, washed down with the remainder of last nights Italian white wine, a very robust little number which stood it's ground despite the amount of garlic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice !

Today will need to be something light. The kids fry festival last night left me feeling overfilled.

Of course today is Easter, meaning chocolate in stupid quantities (for those that like it, I'm not tempted) and a family lunch. I'll be making a salad to take to share but I'll be mostly eating that I think.

Tonight I might do a soup.

Very nice, Lulla. I love mussels, and garlic.

Tonight is one last night of food at work from the Sports dept., both because we go into a low point of the year in sports broadcasting with just mostly golf, but also because I'm on vacation for the next week. Yay for me!

I hope to get in a lot of cooking.

Anyway, tonight's dinner is a choice of either broiled salmon with mustard, or chicken piccata-ish (they forgot the capers). Sides are roasted baby brussel sprouts, and mushroom risotto.

I think I cocked up seasoning it - note the staining. I don't know as I haven't tried sizzling anything on it yet.

It looks like the oil has "pooled". It may be a good idea to get a wire brush to it and then re-season it. Put it in the oven upside down.

The first time that I saw one being used was in a foodcourt in Bangsar (a suburb of Kuala Lumpur). The prawns and vegetables were stir fried in an enormous wok and then transferred to the pre-heated plate to serve. Looked great but I cannot say it made any difference to the taste of the food.

There's a number of restaurants here that offer "sizzlin' steaks" or chops.

They bring you a similar iron plate/ platter that is blazing hot with your entree on it, usually with a knob of butter and often a splash or three of either Maggi sauce or Worcestershire tossed on at the last second so it sizzles as it is delivered to the table.

Besides the additional flavor of the butter and whatnot, it's all for show. Well, at least auditory, as advertised.

I get annoyed as it usually ends up overcooking my food. I prefer more raw veggies and rare meats.

Last edited:
It looks like the oil has "pooled". It may be a good idea to get a wire brush to it and then re-season it. Put it in the oven upside down.
Sounds like you know what you are talking about! I have to buy a wire brush...

Last edited:
IMG_0052.JPG

A very 'brown' plate of food, but it tasted good enough. Lamb rump with samphire, brussel sprout and apricot chiffonade, and tater tots.

First time of making tater tots (thank you @The Late Night Gourmet ) - I roasted the cauliflower and added dried mint to the mix as it was going with lamb, Then overcooked them! They were lovely in the middle, and I will certainly do them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom