What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mudbug, aka crawfish, boil with corn, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and homemade andouille sausage. Some good size bugs, that's over half an ear of fresh corn in bowl.
2018-04-27 19.14.28.jpg

Is this basically: meat with gochujang, or do you make your own sauce?

It is a bbq marinade that has a little gochujang in it for heat, but otherwise it's also a little sweet. I buy the marinade in a jar, but it's easy to make. From the ingredients on the jar: Pear puree, sugar, tomato paste, salt, gochujang, ginger, garlic powder, sesame oil, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper powder.

The pork was very thinly sliced and marinated in it overnight. It should be grilled, but a squirrel decided to make his home in my grill this spring, so I haven't had time to clean it. I just pan seared the pork.

0427181739h_HDR.jpg

It is eaten on a lettuce leaf with ssamjang (seasoned soybean paste) and shredded scallions.

0427181802b_HDR.jpg

Like this:

0427181744c_HDR.jpg

I didn't get pictures of all of the side dishes, called banchan, but here's various steamed and seasoned veggies. (spicy bean sprouts, pickled cukes, steamed Korean spinach - served cold, and julienned sweet radish)

0427181747c_HDR.jpg

And squid jerky in sweet sauce:

0427181803a_HDR.jpg

A few shots as I was setting up.

Fish cakes and seaweed salad:

0427181739e_HDR.jpg

Kimchee and sweet squid jerky

0427181739f_HDR.jpg

I didn't get pictures of all of the side dishes, called banchan, but here's various steamed and seasoned veggies. (spicy bean sprouts, pickled cukes, steamed Korean spinach - served cold, and julienned sweet radish)

View attachment 15762

And squid jerky in sweet sauce:

View attachment 15763

A few shots as I was setting up.

Fish cakes and seaweed salad:

View attachment 15764

Kimchee and sweet squid jerky

View attachment 15765

If only I could buy these things here! I would have to make all from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom