1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Discussion in 'General Cooking Discussions' started by morning glory, Aug 1, 2017.

1. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?" Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to also cover any meal or snack that you have eaten during the day. And we love photos!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Francesca likes this.
  2. Cinisajoy

Cinisajoy Senior Member

It is July here for another 5 and a half hours lol.
    August 1st will be pork chops.

Francesca and morning glory like this.
  3. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

However, I think @Yorky has been in August for hours! Its ten to one in the morning here. I am about to heat up some lentil soup for supper.

Francesca likes this.
  4. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

The sun's just over the yardarm here.

Herbie and Francesca like this.
  5. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon your point of view) a mate came around yesterday afternoon and we both got fishcaked so a market bought corn cob was substituted for the Bangla.

sweet corn s.jpg

However, I reheated the Bangla this afternoon with aloo ghobi, a duck egg and a whole meal roti. It went down very well.

Bratfud Bangla 1 s.jpg

6. A beef vindaloo copied from morning glory's previous posting.this is the first time that i have used vinegar or fennel seeds in a curry i am impressed :thumbsup: P1000891.JPG

7. Haven't even been up 30 minutes yet - having my 1st cup of coffee and a couple of peanut butter crackers along with my AM pills.

After Mom gets up, we'll have roasted potatoes & sausage links.

Francesca likes this.
  8. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Well-Known Member

Shrimp pasta with some vegetables...
    [​IMG]

9. That looks delicious. And simple to make. May try making it with spaghetti squash to cut the carbs.

Rocklobster and Francesca like this.
  10. Rocklobster

Thanks..but I like carbs..

11. I like carbs, but they don't like me.

12. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Senior Member Recipe Challenge Judge

IMG_0828[1].JPG
    Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Tabouleh.

I made this using a recipe that was very heavy with bulgar wheat. Next time, I will use more parsley and mint, and less of the wheat, though I still really liked the flavor a lot. The orange bits are bell pepper: I didn't have any tomato when the time came to make it, so I improvised.

13. Rocklobster

I've gone off of carbs a few times with success..I lost weight, but I wasn't any happier...actually, I felt like I was missing out. So, now, I try to moderate....

Francesca likes this.
  14. I'm diabetic, so I try to eat lower-carb as much as possible, but sometimes it's almost unavoidable.

Francesca likes this.
  15. Rocklobster

Ahhh. Sorry about my first comment. I read it incorrectly...I thought you suggested I cut out carbs...lol..see how much I love them? I got pretty defensive...I think I may have a problem..