What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had palak paneer with rice and parathas (unstuffed) for dinner tonight. I used the recipe in the link here https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/paneer.1524/#top. It was delicious, but I think next time I should chop the tomatoes and cube the paneer more finely :wink:

Palak paneer.jpg

I also did something a little different with the pesto. Besides adding parsley to the main greens (spinach), I used pumpkin seeds, and then added oil from calabrian chili peppers to what was mostly olive oil. This give a little bite that isn't normally there in a pesto.

This pesto sounds fantastic. Really yummy.

Tandoori chicken drumsticks with potatoes, ginger and cumin (and some grass). The chicken was very tasty and juicy. The potatoes were very tasty and very hot. Took me 10 minutes to speak!

Tandoori drumstick potatoes 1 s.jpg

We were out of coriander! OK, I added spring onion bulbs to the cooking of the potatoes and used the green stalks as garnish.

Tandoori chicken drumsticks with potatoes, ginger and cumin (and some grass). The chicken was very tasty and juicy. The potatoes were very tasty and very hot. Took me 10 minutes to speak!

View attachment 9942

We were out of coriander! OK, I added spring onion bulbs to the cooking of the potatoes and used the green stalks as garnish.

Scrumptiuous!

You mean lemongrass? Seriously, though, I'd probably eat the whole thing anyway even if it contained clippings from my front lawn (though not the back...that's where the dogs go).

No, not lemongrass. I tend to call anything green coloured "grass" unless I know the English name for it. It looked liked green oak lettuce but it wasn't. There are still a few pieces left although approaching their "sell by date". I'll take a picture tomorrow if I remember,

I had the rest of the palak paneer with dal and parathas tonight. I heated the palak paneer in the microwave, and the tomatoes absolutely melted into it. Next time I'll have to cook the tomatoes for a bit longer, I think :D

No, not lemongrass. I tend to call anything green coloured "grass" unless I know the English name for it. It looked liked green oak lettuce but it wasn't. There are still a few pieces left although approaching their "sell by date". I'll take a picture tomorrow if I remember,

As I said, it's a little past it's sell by date but this is it.

grass plant s.jpg

Those tandoori drumsticks would be good for @ElizabethB 's picnic. Although I would not inflict those potatoes upon any sensitive unsuspecting children.

spicy emoticom.jpg

I was intending to make a black pepper sauce for some of the left over black pork today but I discovered that my wife had eaten the last tub of yoghurt (she also ate one of the remaining tandoori drumsticks which she doesn't like). I couldn't think of another suitable sauce to make without a trip to the supermarket so I left it dry. In fact, even after two days it was still juicy and didn't suffer appreciably from the absence of sauce.

Black pork 5 (August) s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom