What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
7:14 AM
The idea was char sui, potatoes and cauliflower (with either a béchamel or cheese sauce but I've been running around a bit today so I parked up the cauliflower).

3 cooked s.jpg

6 served s.jpg

This december here so @morning glory or @Duck59 can you move this to the new thread for December when it's created please?

Aromatic vegetable pasties with a yoghurt pastry, Ikea veggie balls, asparagus and edamame beans.
Sorry about the poor photo but it was long after dark by the time it was served.

DSC_2346.JPG

Friday Lunch: Just a very humble simple Basque Marmitako Fishermen´s Stew with freshly caught White Tuna from the La Mercat de La Boqueria. Mar = the sea, Mi = My and Tako is a chunk .. This is an ancient classic dating back to the Medieval Ages and The Basque Fishermen still eat this today on their boats .. It hit the spot as it was the coldest day we have had this autumn ( 5 degrees Centigrade ) but with howling winds ..

AAFRANCESCAMARMITAKOSTEW20171201_143453.jpg

Last edited:
Friday Lunch: Just a very humble simple Basque Marmitako Fishermen´s Stew with freshly caught White Tuna from the La Mercat de La Boqueria. Mar = the sea, Mi = My and Tako is a chunk .. This is an ancient classic dating back to the Medieval Ages and The Basque Fishermen still eat this today on their boats .. It hit the spot as it was the coldest day we have had this autumn ( 5 degrees Centigrade ) but with howling winds ..

View attachment 11858

@The Late Night Gourmet & @SatNavSaysStraightOn

Thank you !! It hit the spot !! I posted the récipe in the Fish Section last month .. One can use cod, grouper or any firm White fish available and in Sat´s case, it can be prepared with a veggie stock broth instead of fish and it has several pepper liquids in it !! And shallot or onion, garlic, tomato, red & Green bell, dried cayenne red chili pepper that crumbles .. It is a very humble stew ... Sat can add some more veggies as well and of course different types of potatoes perhaps and parsnips or turnips ..

Friday night's dinner was lasagne (home made) with broccoli and cauliflower, home-made tomato sauce with garlic and basil, and a cheese and mustard sauce, followed by unsweetened rice pudding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom