1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Food Discussions' started by Yorky, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

The idea was char sui, potatoes and cauliflower (with either a béchamel or cheese sauce but I've been running around a bit today so I parked up the cauliflower).

3 cooked s.jpg

6 served s.jpg

2. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn Veteran Staff Member

This december here so @morning glory or @Duck59 can you move this to the new thread for December when it's created please?

Aromatic vegetable pasties with a yoghurt pastry, Ikea veggie balls, asparagus and edamame beans.
    Sorry about the poor photo but it was long after dark by the time it was served.

DSC_2346.JPG

ElizabethB, Francesca, Herbie and 4 others like this.
  3. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    ElizabethB, Francesca, Herbie and 2 others like this.
  4. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn Veteran Staff Member

Thank you @morning glory. :okay:

the weekend could be an interesting one with respect to food because I'm away in Sydney visiting family friends...

No hard boiled eggs for the cost journey though, I forgot to do any up yesterday...

ElizabethB and Francesca like this.
  5. MypinchofItaly

MypinchofItaly Senior Member

Cooking ragù for lasagne, but not for our dinner...friends will come tomorrow for lunch...it's very hard to resist!
    20171201_195127.jpg

6. MypinchofItaly

I love Ikea veg/meatballs

ElizabethB and Francesca like this.
  7. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Senior Member

I love the steam rising out of the pot...I can almost smell it! :)

8. MypinchofItaly

:happy:
    It's a torture for me being here while stirring and smelling this magic steam...

9. Herbie

Herbie Well-Known Member

Another roast here. I am in a rut, but a tasty, roast rut :hungry:. Tomorrow I am singing in a Christmas concert :laugh: so hopefully I have time for food experimenting on Sunday. I really need to practice gluten free pastry and gluten/dairy-free chocolate brownies for Christmas.

10. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

@The Late Night Gourmet

Wow ! Those mushrooms look marvelous (and the black garlic & eggs too).. Thank you and I am very pleased you have made my Basque Mushrooms with Eggs ..

I prepared a Basque Marmitako today with freshly caught White Tuna ..

11. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

@MypinchofItaly

Looks amazingly fabulous ..

ElizabethB and MypinchofItaly like this.
  12. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

@The Late Night Gourmet @MypinchofItaly

The aromas just blew over the Mediterranean ( 1 1 / 2 hours to Milano ) .. Ha Ha Ha ..

Definitely superbly splendidly incredible ..

Have a great weekend ..

13. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

Friday Lunch: Just a very humble simple Basque Marmitako Fishermen´s Stew with freshly caught White Tuna from the La Mercat de La Boqueria. Mar = the sea, Mi = My and Tako is a chunk .. This is an ancient classic dating back to the Medieval Ages and The Basque Fishermen still eat this today on their boats .. It hit the spot as it was the coldest day we have had this autumn ( 5 degrees Centigrade ) but with howling winds ..

AAFRANCESCAMARMITAKOSTEW20171201_143453.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  14. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

@The Late Night Gourmet & @SatNavSaysStraightOn

Thank you !! It hit the spot !! I posted the récipe in the Fish Section last month .. One can use cod, grouper or any firm White fish available and in Sat´s case, it can be prepared with a veggie stock broth instead of fish and it has several pepper liquids in it !! And shallot or onion, garlic, tomato, red & Green bell, dried cayenne red chili pepper that crumbles .. It is a very humble stew ... Sat can add some more veggies as well and of course different types of potatoes perhaps and parsnips or turnips ..

ElizabethB likes this.
  15. Elawin

Elawin Über Member

Friday night's dinner was lasagne (home made) with broccoli and cauliflower, home-made tomato sauce with garlic and basil, and a cheese and mustard sauce, followed by unsweetened rice pudding.

ElizabethB likes this.