What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We think of it this way. We used to go out to special restaurants for special occasions and still do at times once in a great while. But, now that we have learned a lot more about cooking and have found out where to source the "finer things," it actually comes out cheaper to make it at home.
A very good point!

This is our last meal of 2017, a particular favourite and a 'find' this year, simple but tasty. Lamb kebabs, houmus, salad, harissa mayo

P_20171231_174826.jpg

Thursday night I had yet another Christmas dinner with all the works, but this time it included turkey and was cooked by my daughter! Afters was a Tesco Finest Christmas pudding with whole grapes etc in it, topped with cream.

Friday we had melomakarona (Greek honey cakes) and coffee for breakfast, and various cheeses with biscuits for lunch. (Photo of honey cakes courtesy of Bing)

Melomakarona-Greek-Christmas-Honey-Cookies-3.jpg

Dinner was makaronia me kima, which is basically a Greek version of spaghetti bolognese with different herbs in it. At some point during the evening, the mince pies came out of the cupboard and were served with cream.

Saturday, I had a fry up for dinner :D, and on New Year's Eve, I had a very hot and spicy aloo gobi with cucumber raita, grated carrots, and 3 flat breads, followed by fresh pineapple. The wine started flowing again at about a quarter to twelve :cheers:

Aloo gobi.jpg

Happy New Year to everyone!

Last edited:
We have often talked about trying goose but they are big for just 2 of us and expensive to waste if we don't like it.
I'd love to try it too, but even the local farms that have it are expensive - it's a pity it's no longer the food of the poor! I think I shall visit a restaurant next Christmas where it is on the menu. At least if I didn't like it I could probably get something else instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom