What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had fish pie today. As I can't have dairy I used to use oat cream (occasionally soy cream but I found the oat one tasted better in a savoury dish), but I can't use those now because my husband can't have gluten. So I tried a coconut cream which has a milk coconut taste so the pie ended up tasting a little 'thai'. It was very nice though.
Have you tried almond milk - I find that works really well in both sweet and savoury sauces.

Lunch today is broccoli cream with a bit of minced purple carrots and wholemeal crackers with poppy seeds

20171205_125031.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful! I like the use of both pureed and fresh broccoli. Were the carrots sauteed?

Thank you @The Late Night Gourmet :)
Yes sauteed purple carrots only with a bit of Evoo, half garlic clove, thyme leaves and black ground pepper, then mixed altogether. The result is a not creamy mush, only minced carrots..

Mr. P. is abroad for work and my dinner tonight is to my friend's home. She will prepare a simple but tasty dish: fried chicken cotoletta with mashed potatoes..in the meantime (early to dine now) we are drinking a glass of Vermentino white wine and chips..
Well I don't know what chicken cotoletta is but I'm sure it will be as lovely as its name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom