What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
12:03 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?"

Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to cover any snack that you have eaten during the day.

And we love photos!

Last edited:
After gorging yesterday I just went for a snack today.

sausage eggs beans 3 s.jpg

sausage eggs beans 5 s.jpg

Sausage, egg and beans on toast.

We have a lot of leftover roast chicken here so you’ll see that a lot over the coming days.

It’s been hot today so salads were in order. We are also have 2 extra mouths so lots of food.

I wanted Greek salad but I also wanted to use up some lettuce before it bolts to seed & pomegranate arils because they are supposed to be good luck on New Year’s Day.
So I’ll call it Greek inspired salad - there also ended up being some marinated artichoke hearts in there & it’s topped with 4 sliced bbq steaks.

9C4D5DA3-F6FF-4845-8E42-34EE399DC4F8.jpeg

The chicken ended up in a salad of baby leaves from the garden, with pear, blue cheese, chicken, toasted flaked almonds & pomegranate arils.

CA6C128D-62EA-4E15-9B7C-BFB66FDF3757.jpeg

We have a lot of leftover roast chicken here so you’ll see that a lot over the coming days.

It’s been hot today so salads were in order. We are also have 2 extra mouths so lots of food.

I wanted Greek salad but I also wanted to use up some lettuce before it bolts to seed & pomegranate arils because they are supposed to be good luck on New Year’s Day.
So I’ll call it Greek inspired salad - there also ended up being some marinated artichoke hearts in there & it’s topped with 4 sliced bbq steaks.

View attachment 12584

The chicken ended up in a salad of baby leaves from the garden, with pear, blue cheese, chicken, toasted flaked almonds & pomegranate arils.

View attachment 12585

Super looking salads!

Nearly a week late, but its leftover's day today. Stripped the goose this morning, half of the meat will be used in a curry or risotto later in the week, the other half went into a goose pie for lunch today: goose meat, sautéed mushrooms, left over veg - carrots, sprouts, chestnuts - went into gravy supplemented by Madeira wine, creme fraiche and fresh thyme. Leftover mashed potatoes on top, grated cheddar and oven baked. It was good.
IMG_2025.JPG

I really need to get in the habit of taking photos.

After yesterday' not-so-great 'pan asian' buffet (but brilliant company - we stayed in the restaurant three hours), I got the taste for Chinese food. Today I did a sort of Kung Pao fish. It was delicious. I'm thinking chinese will be a theme this week with noodles and soups

Last edited:
An Italian small plates meal, even though mine all ended up on same plate. Marinated seafood salad with shrimp, sqid, and mussels. Marinated mushrooms. Roasted red bell peppers with sautéed onions and garlic. Tricolor, green, red, yellow, heirloom tomatoes with mini fresh mozzarella balls dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette with fresh basil.

2018-01-01 19.10.48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
An Italian small plates meal, even though mine all ended up on same plate. Marinated seafood salad with shrimp, sqid, and mussels. Marinated mushrooms. Roasted red bell peppers with sautéed onions and garlic. Tricolor, green, red, yellow, heirloom tomatoes with mini fresh mozzarella balls dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette with fresh basil.

View attachment 12618

You can give me all that on a plate any time! :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom