What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hainanese chicken rice (Khāwmạn kị̀) (ข้าวมันไก่). Very spicy but I enjoyed it.

Hainanese chicken rice s.jpg

Hainanese chicken rice 1 s.jpg

Maybe that's the theme for your blog when you finally get it together...?

Probably that would be the best USP - but I don't want to be branded as a vegan chef - I cook lots of other things too, as you know. I have bought a domain name 'Justabitvegan' - cost a few quid so it really doesn't matter if I don't use it.

Probably that would be the best USP - but I don't want to be branded as a vegan chef - I cook lots of other things too, as you know. I have bought a domain name 'Justabitvegan' - cost a few quid so it really doesn't matter if I don't use it.
That could work: you could (as you've done before) show two different versions of a dish.

See how I have all sorts of suggestions for someone else's blog, but I can't get myself started on mine? :laugh: Seriously, I think my problem is that I use my free moments to cook when I could be using those moments to work on my blog. At least, I could use some of those moments.

Tonight is venison stew. Venison is one of the few meats I can eat. I bought some cheap-ish from the supermarket steaks to go in the freezer as an emergency as our usual supplier had a shortage (We managed to get the most amazing piece of farmed venison from just a few miles down the road). This stew will be served with broccoli and jacket spuds.

I am currently snacking on crudités with tahini sauce and little chilli oil.

2018-01-12 17.58.22.jpg
Homemade pasta with browned butter, robiola cheese sauce, with shaved truffle. Finally opened our bottle of Perrier Jouet to go with.

Friday night' s dinner was the other bangers and mash tarte tatin - sausages, mash, onion and peas with lashings of onion gravy, followed by a plain sponge mug cake covered in golden syrup.

Thank you Is it a salad though - can Tarte Tatin be a salad? It was served warm as a starter course.
My BLT tarte tatin had lettuce in it. It wasn't as crispy as the lettuce in a BLT sandwich, but it still looked and tasted like lettuce. I couldn't exactly put it in separately! in fact if I'd have known how it was going to turn out I would have put more in it.

Lunch today was Pizza with mom. She had a Margherita, mine wasn't a very good choice..I've chosen a gluten-free Margherita with mozzarella lactosio-Free...:headshake:it was like an untasted sponge (someone knows tasty sponge? :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom