What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for boeuf bourguignon again today. Tasty but not as tasty as I remember the first one. The first one included apple cider, this included Australian plonk. A lot of work also.

served 3 s.jpg

You are being naughty - @Francesca doesn't eat bacon! Is that some chilli in there too?
Busted :giggle:. Well, in my defence it was authentic bacon from the North West region of Shropshire. Yes, chilli was a last minute addition. I spotted a couple drying on the windowsill and thought it might work: it did.

You are being naughty - @Francesca doesn't eat bacon! Is that some chilli in there too?

@morning glory

Lovely dish however, the truth is I do not eat bacon ..

I prefer my sublimely exquisite, wild and fresh Saint Jacques or Sea Scallops literally with Bio Evoo & a tiny bit of sea salt and sautéed and then put into the shells for serving ..

Or I rather refrain !

Maybe that's the theme for your blog when you finally get it together...?

@The Late Night Gourmet

Three Michelin Star Alain Ducasse, had implemented a Vegetarian and Vegan Carte, a few years ago and it did not do well .. People just do not go to the Eiffel Tower, Jules Verne for this type of cuisine ..

He will prepare a dish on order at the restaurant but it is not on a special separate carte .. He does have vegetarian ítems on his cartes ..

@The Late Night Gourmet

Three Michelin Star Alain Ducasse, had implemented a Vegetarian and Vegan Carte, a few years ago and it did not do well .. People just do not go to the Eiffel Tower, Jules Verne for this type of cuisine ..

He will prepare a dish on order at the restaurant but it is not on a special separate carte .. He does have vegetarian ítems on his cartes ..

I think that this is all about to change. Vegan hit the press in 2017 and there are going to be more and more high-end dining vegan menus on offer in 2018. Maybe not in the Eiffel Tower but certainly elsewhere. Of this I'm sure. :D

Ribeiro, one of Galicia´s many appellations of wine, still is profoundly steeped in historic wine protocol and still serves its White Wines in a bowl verses stemware in its traditional bars or taverns .. Here is the wine we had today .. ( Sunday the 14th January ) ..

AAFRANCESCAGALICIANRIBEIROWHT20180114_131232.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom