What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Addock today.

full polarised s.jpg

That was not an easy dish to photograph. Too much white and pale yellow. I originally planned some peas with it but I forgot to defrost them. I increased the contrast on the shots significantly but with little effect.

However, it was very tasty so I'm happy. That haddock fillet cost me £3.25 by the way - 200 gms

It was good enough for Jehovah!

Last edited:
My rocket is shooting to seed so I’d like to know more about your pesto please MPoI. I make one with kale & parsley sometimes.

On Monday we ate kofta curry laden with many veg served with naan.

Last night we had Salt & Pepper chicken Wings using Kylie Kwongs’ recipe for roasted Szechuan pepper & salt mix.

Served with :

Vegetarian San Choy Bau

2E3EF01F-35D9-4D6E-A50A-D346AC6550D9.jpeg

Spicy Asian Slaw

258E5298-925C-4D02-851C-38A72C33C4EA.jpeg

I’m pretty happy with these pics which is just as well as I stood on a chair to take the only to have both of my sisters in law walk in to ask their brother a question - family doesn’t knock.

I'm pleased that it's finished. It was getting monotonous!

However, it was very tasty so I'm happy. That haddock fillet cost me £3.25 by the way - 200 gms

We found the fresh "Western style" parsley in our "up-market" supermarket. About £0.80 for this bunch.

parsely s.jpg

We can get a whole bucket full of coriander leaf for that price!

A couple of days ago I tried a recipe for stuffed cabbage from the Syria cookery book. I was not impressed. I used the same stuffing in a red pepper, and that was OK, so it couldn't have been the stuffing. A bit of tweaking is necessary, I think. The chocolate mug cake after made up for it though. Last night, I just had a plain omelette with tomatoes and chips. My rotten cold does not seem to have dulled my appetite :laugh:

Actually I forgot to say what I had for my lunch yesterday, which made me feel a lot better, if only temporarily. Hot Apple Soup (Apfelsuppe). Very sweet, and very soothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom