What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the sanding stage of the drywall...white dust everywhere..reminds me of my musician days in the 70's...eating about as well, too..tonight was supermarket roast chicken with whatever sides were left over by the time I got there...this better be worth it...

At the sanding stage of the drywall...white dust everywhere..reminds me of my musician days in the 70's...eating about as well, too..tonight was supermarket roast chicken with whatever sides were left over by the time I got there...this better be worth it...
It will be.

...We used to listen to pirate radio stations, especially in our Latin lessons - the teacher was rather hard of hearing.
My 8th grade teacher was hard of hearing and had a bad leg. She sat at her desk a lot. Her idea was to put the rowdy boys up front, the angelic girls in the back. Little did she know I managed to get most of us girls to learn the manual alphabet...I had just read a book about Helen Keller and thought would be a good idea. :angelic:

We ended up having the hot dogs originally planned for Monday. We had leftover potato salad - we now have leftover leftovers in that department. Also had some baked beans, and tried one of the dill pickles. They are not ready for prime time yet.

20170719_205000.jpg

Found a nice cauliflower yesterday but unfortunately I suffered from bad planning. My smaller oven proof dish was not big enough and the larger one was too big. Oh well, it tasted good.

Cauliflower cheese.

cauliflower 3 s.jpg

cauliflower cheese 6 s.jpg

My 8th grade teacher was hard of hearing and had a bad leg. She sat at her desk a lot. Her idea was to put the rowdy boys up front, the angelic girls in the back. Little did she know I managed to get most of us girls to learn the manual alphabet...I had just read a book about Helen Keller and thought would be a good idea. :angelic:
I well remember angelic girls.

Tonight will be pre-made chicken fried steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy and fried squash.
Maybe biscuits.

What to do with these? (I'm not even sure what they're called - oyster mushrooms?)

mushrooms oyster s.jpg

Saute in butter with minced shallots, add some red wine, s&p, reduce.

Serve with a glass of the wine that you cooked with, and a buttered and toasted baguette.

We spent the day tubimg down a section of the Delaware river, then stopped at a little roadside fish restaurant on the way home for dinner. The food was fantastic, and since we got there before 6 we had the "early bird" specials.

We started with house salads and roasted garlic noodle soup (tasted much like a Tom Yum), then the wife and I had the baked citrus crusted haddock, with garlic mashed spuds and a steamed veggie mix. Everything was outstanding.
My boy had the most perfect fish and chips that I've ever tasted.

Dessert was Devil's Food cake topped with vanilla/coconut icing. Also outstanding.

The entire bill was $50, $60 with tip. We're hopefully going back next week.

Update on dinner, the chicken fried steaks might as well have been vegetarian for the lack of meat. Even the dog just picked at it. The squash was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom