What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a two-hour nap for supper tonight. Hubby knew I needed sleep since I got only 2 1/2 the night before. Good think I like to collect leftovers like some people collect stamps or coins. I finished the picadilla, while he cleaned up the bratwurst, potato salad, and baked beans.

Now my sleep schedule is all crazy. :o_o:

The rest of the cauliflower cheese with a few chips thrown at it.

with chips 2 s.jpg

Prepare them like @buckytom said, but with plenty of sauce. Then ladle them over a bowl filled with polenta.

And where would I get polenta? Anyway, according to my wife they've gone off after 18 hours. They are likely to be binned.

No corn meal by you? Ooops, sorry. Maybe you could at least save them by making stock from them. That way you have a starter for something else that could use a light mushroom flavor.

No corn meal by you? Ooops, sorry. Maybe you could at least save them by making stock from them. That way you have a starter for something else that could use a light mushroom flavor.

I shall speak to my wife. She's currently out (possibly buying more mushrooms :happy: ). Thanks.

We spent the day tubimg down a section of the Delaware river, then stopped at a little roadside fish restaurant on the way home for dinner. The food was fantastic, and since we got there before 6 we had the "early bird" specials.

We started with house salads and roasted garlic noodle soup (tasted much like a Tom Yum), then the wife and I had the baked citrus crusted haddock, with garlic mashed spuds and a steamed veggie mix. Everything was outstanding.
My boy had the most perfect fish and chips that I've ever tasted.

Dessert was Devil's Food cake topped with vanilla/coconut icing. Also outstanding.

The entire bill was $50, $60 with tip. We're hopefully going back next week.

That all sounds delicious and excellent value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom