What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy-peasy supper: beer-steamed bratwurst finished under the broiler, sauerkraut, dill pickle slices, pickled beet slices, roasted potato wedges seasoned with a Bavarian seasoning blend. My "dessert" much later was a whole grain bagel, toasted, with a generous schmear of mascarpone - and a glass of red wine. What? Hubby had his brats on bread. I saved those calories for the bagel.

20170628_220738.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy-peasy supper: beer-steamed bratwurst finished under the broiler, sauerkraut, dill pickle slices, pickled beet slices, roasted potato wedges seasoned with a Bavarian seasoning blend. My "dessert" much later was a whole grain bagel, toasted, with a generous schmear of mascarpone - and a glass of red wine. What? Hubby had his brats on bread. I saved those calories for the bagel.

View attachment 8532

I don't blame you. Lots of times I will wait and have my dessert right before I go to bed, and it's not always something really sweet.

Today I made a curry paste for a prawn curry, my lamb curry & I made paneer for saag paneer. Getting things ready for Saturday's guests.

Tonight for tea we went to my sister inlaws. Wine, cheese, dips, frozen entrees like buffalo wings etc. followed by Aldi's key lime pie.

Today I made a curry paste for a prawn curry, my lamb curry & I made paneer for saag paneer. Getting things ready for Saturday's guests.

Tonight for tea we went to my sister inlaws. Wine, cheese, dips, frozen entrees like buffalo wings etc. followed by Aldi's key lime pie.

Sounds interesting. But....buffalo wings? Maybe @buckytom posted once something about buffalo wings but I don't remember...
What do you mean with dip? Like sauce? Or dive?
Lime Pie intrigued me! I do not think I've ever eaten one.

Sounds interesting. But....buffalo wings? Maybe @buckytom posted once something about buffalo wings but I don't remember...
What do you mean with dip? Like sauce? Or dive?
Lime Pie intrigued me! I do not think I've ever eaten one.
Buffalo wings are actually chicken wings fried and then dipped in a hot sauce. Typically served with blue cheese dressing.
If Aldi's key lime pie is anything like Edward's key lime pie, it is a graham cracker crust filled with sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice and refrigerated.
The pie can also be turned into a lemon pie by substituting lemon juice for the key lime juice.
Note: I said key limes not just limes there is a difference.

@MypinchofItaly

Depending on the average age of the guests, I would go with:

A lovely light Risotto perhaps with Aspargus or Red Prawns deveined and peeled and be-headed ( Gamberi ) .. And an Antipasti .. Very versatile.

Another alternative, since they are Italian and eat Italian regional cuisine almost every day, perhaps a nice Baked in White wine, with fresh herbs, a White fish variety and serve with a lovely Italian Salad with Radicchio & Rocket ( Rucola / Arugula ) .. ( Red Mullet is in season ) .. It is very sublime and light ..

A fish stew ( Zuppa di Pesce ) and some home made Focaccia would be truly lovely too ..

Good luck and have a wonderful time ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom