What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a ton to do to prepare a 3 day tour of Barcelona & Montserrat ( the oldest Monastery in the región - 30 km. north west ), so grabbed a light bite out ..

Had some seasonal Squid braised on flame with Ali Oli and a Green salad .. Total: 10 Euros. And no wash up .. And that included the country rustic bread, the glass of Rosé I had with it, and the Espresso .. Well worth it ..

Had a ton to do to prepare a 3 day tour of Barcelona & Montserrat ( the oldest Monastery in the región - 30 km. north west ), so grabbed a light bite out ..

Had some seasonal Squid braised on flame with Ali Oli and a Green salad .. Total: 10 Euros. And no wash up .. And that included the country rustic bread, the glass of Rosé I had with it, and the Espresso .. Well worth it ..

Sounds like good value!

Sounds like good value!

@morning glory

I do not know if you remember but we have a " Menu del Dia " which is a pre fixed lunch consisting of:
1 Starter ( 4 or 5 choices )
1 Main Course ( 4 or 5 choices )
Bread and wine are included
Choice either 1 café or tea and / or a dessert ( 3 or 4 choices )

They range from 8 or 9 Euros ( most are Ten Euros ) and then there are Business Executive lunches, pre fixed at 20 Euros - 35 Euros depending on where you go ..

So Monday and Tuesday we lunch out and catch up with one another ..

Have a lovely evening ..

@morning glory

I do not know if you remember but we have a " Menu del Dia " which is a pre fixed lunch consisting of:
1 Starter ( 4 or 5 choices )
1 Main Course ( 4 or 5 choices )
Bread and wine are included
Choice either 1 café or tea and / or a dessert ( 3 or 4 choices )

They range from 8 or 9 Euros ( most are Ten Euros ) and then there are Business Executive lunches, pre fixed at 20 Euros - 35 Euros depending on where you go ..

So Monday and Tuesday we lunch out and catch up with one another ..

Have a lovely evening ..
Not badly priced.

Last night's dinner....Chicken with Bacon, Mushrooms & White Wine Sauce:

8459-d4b7a70c4bce35b2054cd35c3b17456d.jpg

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-with-bacon-mushrooms-white-wine-sauce.10166/

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my old truck in for safety inspection today, and the ol' chitty chitty bang bang made the grade.

So, I picked up takeout Asian food for dinner on the way home.

My wife had chicken teryaki over rice with teppanyaki veggies, and a salad with ginger dressing.
My son had Singapore mai fun, and I had shrimp chow mein with white rice, and veggie spring rolls.

We pretty much shared everything, though.

Buffalo wings are actually chicken wings fried and then dipped in a hot sauce. Typically served with blue cheese dressing.
If Aldi's key lime pie is anything like Edward's key lime pie, it is a graham cracker crust filled with sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice and refrigerated.
The pie can also be turned into a lemon pie by substituting lemon juice for the key lime juice.
Note: I said key limes not just limes there is a difference.

Burgers & hot wings & milk shakes are having a revolution the past 2 years on the Australian food scene. Last nights wings were straight from the supermarket freezer section. Not bad though.

Aldi (German supermarket that came to Australia 17 years ago) their version is quite tart so I'm thinking it might be a curd and the base is shortcrust.

I'm generally not a fan out pre-made food but the pie is good.

Sounds interesting. But....buffalo wings? Maybe @buckytom posted once something about buffalo wings but I don't remember...
What do you mean with dip? Like sauce? Or dive?
Lime Pie intrigued me! I do not think I've ever eaten one.

These dips were a cheddar & onion dip plus a blue cheese & artichoke dip. Eaten with crackers & Melba toasts.

I had a jacket potato with cheese at lunch time (guess who forgot to get the bread out of the freezer :laugh:). Tonight's dinner was butter beans with tomatoes and greens, with a chunk of bread thawed out in the oven.

View attachment 8550

I love butter beans - there is something about them which is different from all other beans. I wish I could put it into words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom