What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken marinating for tomorrow's kebabs.

These will last for many more meals than just today!

un-cooked s.jpg

Marinated chicken with red (purple) onions, capsicum, shiitake mushrooms and tomatoes.

I shall be on the lookout for those (although it will probably take months or even years for them to arrive in our neck of the woods).
There's always Amazon, though it depends on how much you're willing to spend to have them shipped. I remember spending $25 for a pack of 20 Jaffa cakes because my son wanted to try them. Then, I found them on the shelf of a local supermarket, considerably cutting down the cost!

jaffa2609a.jpg

There's always Amazon, though it depends on how much you're willing to spend to have them shipped. I remember spending $25 for a pack of 20 Jaffa cakes because my son wanted to try them. Then, I found them on the shelf of a local supermarket, considerably cutting down the cost!

jaffa2609a.jpg

They're cheap as chips here! A bit more expensive for McVities but I can't tell the difference. £1 = $1.40

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 14.41.22.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 14.41.49.png

Last edited:
IMG_1241.JPG

The sides that I'm enjoying with my beef borgiounion: chicken-stuffed Fresno pepper and Moroccan Flatbread, with buttermilk ranch dressing. The flatbread doesn't need the dressing (or anything else), but the pepper most certainly does. :heat: The flatbread is something I saw in my recipe box, and decided to make again. This time, I sauteed some diced Brussels sprouts and added them to the filling. Very nice.

Did people in France enjoy their beef borgiounion with a side of Moroccan flatbread? They could have done: Morocco was a French colony until WWII, so the two cuisines have probably crossed paths.

In any case, not bad for a lunch at work at my desk. Oh...and banana cream pie for dessert (not suitable for photography...it didn’t survive the drive intact).

Last edited:
Uh-oh.

I think I'm going to have to try to make my own Jaffa cakes! Would they be allowed for the cake challenge?

There is a long running debate about whether they are cake or biscuit. But as they are called cake then they qualify! I think they once had this as a challenge on Great British Bake -off. Its not easy.

The hospital hasn't quite sussed light lunches in the vegan food side of life, so it's a cold lunch. I had the vegan casserole for a change (sadly lacking in tofu pieces) with creamed potatoes and the sweetcorn/peas/capsicum mix.

DSC_2833.JPG

Had a craving for vegetarian-ish dins...
Buddah's feast/delight..I did over-soak the bean thread noodles :(..still tasty though
Yes, it's supposed to look goopy/overdone..:okay:

Buddha feast.jpg

Evening meal was a variation tonight because hubby came in with some supplies and they were very welcome.

Apologies for the bad photography though. I've not been quite so good today.

DSC_2837.JPG

Avocado rice rolls and then tempura vegetable rice rolls, both wrapped in seaweed. They are served with soy sauce in a small container for you to add as you want to.

DSC_2838.JPG

These were a first for us, wrapped in rice wrappers, they are fine noodles, various thin slices of vegetables or leaves (red pepper, carrot, fine greens spring to mind) and then one has avocado slices and the other had seaweed, sesame seeds and a dressing. They were served with little pots of 'relish' to dunk them in. I liked the darker one the best.

Those elk sausages look amazing and I’m wondering why we don’t have Blaze Doritos here.

Last night I could not be bothered so I took a tray of beef enchiladas out of the freezer “here is one I prepared earlier” style. They took forever because they were frozen solid but at least I could sit & trawl the net for 90 minutes & not feel like guilty because I wasn’t slaving over a stove after work.

54CE6388-003F-4406-BB70-F1368FC6C168.jpeg

Tonight was a beef kofta curry. No pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom