What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fillet 3 s.jpg

Slightly overcooked for me although timed the same as previously (90 seconds each side plus blowlamp). Perhaps the steak wasn't quite as thick as usual.

Yesterday - for The Wildcard Challenge: Blindfolded Ingredient Selection! see here for the selection of ingredients I ended up with! Guys, you have to try this challenge. Its a great way to practice creative recipe development!

Vanilla rye blinis with soy and Worcestershire sauce pickled Quail's eggs:

fullsizeoutput_2e43.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e53.jpeg

Last edited:
It just seems that almost all regular members here love eggs - @Yorky in particular is famed for his egg photos. To complete the tradition you show a photo of the egg yolk running out...

eggs might be one of my favorite foods. I eat eggs all different ways. Sunny side up, over easy, over hard, egg sandwiches, scrambled, omelets.....You name it, and I'll try it :)

Stone crab claws, mustard sauce, aND a wilted spinach, arugula salad, with a mustard balsamic vinaigrette.

2018-03-14 18.54.56.jpg

For dessert, Key Lime meringue pie. I'll have to take a picture of a piece tomorrow because it's still too soft tonight and fell apart.

2018-03-14 20.13.07.jpg

Key Lime meringue pie. I'll have to take a picture of a piece tomorrow because it's still too soft tonight and fell apart.

This looks great! I've been looking at key lime pie recipes for the Recipe challenge and wondering how I can be inventive with them.

This looks great! I've been looking at key lime pie recipes for the Recipe challenge and wondering how I can be inventive with them.

We had actually planned to make it and had bought the stuff for it Saturday. I just didn't get around to making it until today, which also happens to be Pi Day.

I did make Italian meringue, which I've never made before. I always have problems with weeping when I make meringue so hopefully this will take care of that.

The hospital have decided that a Vegemite sandwich without margarine on it is too hard, so I'm now given 2 slices of wholemeal bread and a Vegemite portion to make my own. So lunch today was a Vegemite and salad sandwich, the engaging salad items with italian dressing and a strawberry (vegan) jelly...

_20180315_130012.JPG

That's my last hospital meal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom