What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pan sautéed cod fillet with crab and shrimp butter sauce, rice pilaf, and crab stuffed mushrooms. It's all kind of tan and brown, but was really good
Homemade brownies for dessert.

View attachment 14272

I love the way you use seafood. I get so many ideas from your postings here. I'd never have thought of crab stuffed mushrooms, for example. This is something I must try. Oh.. and I like the way you kept the brown theme going through the dessert course. :happy: :laugh:

The Hainanese chicken rice shop has finally opened after the Chinese New Year.

This afternoon's.

served 4 s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the way you use seafood. I get so many ideas from your postings here. I'd never have thought of crab stuffed mushrooms, for example. This is something I must try. Oh.. and I like the way you kept the brown theme going through the dessert course. :happy: :laugh:

The stuffed mushies were spur of the moment. I was getting ready to chop up mushies for the pilaf (criminis) and noticed several large ones. We didn't need all the crab for the sauce, so we decided to use it up for the mushies. The stuffing was based on my "Lobster Diablo" recipe:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/lobster-diablo.11422/

We didn't have any red bell pepper, so I used a little bit of the ripe (red) jalapenos I had just purchased for ABTs and cut down on the cayenne pepper in the recipe.

Last edited:
What did you use? A chickpea flour batter makes a nice and cheap omelette/quiche

I used the crazily expensive and ridiculously packaged VeganEgg - see here. You open the egg carton and find a packet of dried mix inside! It does work really well though. It even smells a bit like eggs.

397052011_0_280x280-2.jpg

Please can you post something about using chickpea flour in quiche? That would be a whole lot cheaper! :laugh:

As I quoted elsewhere, I had some chicken close to it's use by date (residue of the Yorkshire fried chicken, cluck, cluck) so I tried something different (cluck, cluck). The idea was to roast it with potatoes so I checked a few Creole recipes. I didn't have all the ingredients so I botched it. It ended up very tasty (cluck, cluck) and I took a chance of mixing the potatoes (parboiled un-peeled) with the excess "marinade" and they were also a success. The steamed Chinese cabbage with béchamel sauce calmed it down a bit.

creole chicken 5 s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom