What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to India tonight. Kashmir meatballs, carrot and onion salad, with spices, and roasted beet, garlic, spices, and yogurt salad, with Basati rice.

2018-03-05 19.30.13.jpg

My disastrous fluffy roll improved slightly by the addition of hotdog sausages and rakes of fried onions.

sausages 2 s.jpg

My wife made herb crusted (oregano, basil, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest) baked split chicken breasts, garlic sauteed asparagrass, and nuked spuds.
It was delicious.

Wow @Frizz1974 that looks good.

We had panfried sumac and flour coated seabass fillets with garlic and thyme roast potato/onion/carrot cubes, and garlic and chilli savoy cabbage. Was delicious. I'm getting really in to using sumac with fish thanks to the recipe challenge.

I had a search around the freezer today to find something to accompany the garlic bread into which I'd decided to convert my second "fluffy bread roll". I found some chili con carne which had traces of green cayenne peppers. Now, I haven't seen green cayennes for some time in the markets here so I'm guessing the chili must be at least a year old. Anyway, I defrosted it and heated it up and it was seriously chuffin' spicy!

Nice though.

6 s.jpg

Wow @Frizz1974 that looks good.

We had panfried sumac and flour coated seabass fillets with garlic and thyme roast potato/onion/carrot cubes, and garlic and chilli savoy cabbage. Was delicious. I'm getting really in to using sumac with fish thanks to the recipe challenge.

The Spice challenge, you mean - which reminds me that I need to judge it! :oops:

Tonight was tuna steaks with garlic and ginger and a splash of gf oyster sauce; savoy cabbage in chilli and garlic; and rice noodles with egg, onion, garlic, soy sauce, yellow pepper and mushroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom