What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
baked potatoes s.jpg

@buckytom I have never tried bucatini but always wondered if spaghetti having a hole through it makes any difference....the sauce doesn't travel far up inside it does it?

No, not unless you try to use it as a straw, I guess.

I just like the chunkiness of it.

Last night's dinner was keema matar with rice, an onion raita, and chapattis. Tonight's will be the leftovers but with dal instead of rice.
keema matar.jpg

Sorry the photo isn't too clear. A storm was brewing, so it was a bit too dark in natural light, and not dark enough with the lights on. Plus it was the new phone which I still haven't got the hang of yet.

I made two small pots of soup - a chili with beans (hush, Cin), and a cheesy cauliflower. I also made cheater biscuits and popped open a tube of Pillsbury Grand biscuits.
View attachment 7353

What looks like oil on the surface is a little extra drizzle of liquid smoke, plus a couple finger pinches of sharp white Cheddar and a generous shake of Cayenne pepper.
I don't see your chili, just your cauliflower.
I know you are on the east coast and need to supplement your chili with beans since you don't have that many cows up there. Can I guess kidney beans as those seem popular some places.

Apologies for my absence, I have been mostly working and cycling.

For the notice of my fellow gastronauts, this evenings' meal was a pourable Brie de Meaux, a creamy Mrs Bell's Blue Ewe, a delicately smoked Black Forest Ham, Italian Olive Salad and a Rye Sourdough, lubricated with an acceptable Bordeaux.

20170529_181705.jpg

It was followed by some choccies :D

20170529_185232.jpg

A superstore attendant saw a little boy crying and asked him what was the matter. "I've lost my Grandpa", the boy sobbed.

"What's he like?" asked the attendant.

"Whisky and girls with big breasts!"

[I'll get my coat]

:roflmao:

Breakfast today at hotel...but they don't have black pudding so tomorrow we'll go in a near scottish pub to try it.
View attachment 7357
I suspect us Brits are holding back, sorry, but that does not look like a very good example of one of our breakfasts. I'm sure you will find better, ask some locals for recommendations, look for those with locally sourced ingredients. You will notice a difference. Oh and do enjoy Edinburgh, it is a wonderful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom