What did you cook/eat today (May 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to choose decent colours, if possible. P.S. I mentioned a while back that, because of the bad weather, I ordered organic veggies from Tesco. Never again! They were awful - no flavour whatsoever.

I think Tesco's has gone down hill. There seems to be a smaller range of vegetables of all kinds recently.

I think Tesco's has gone down hill. There seems to be a smaller range of vegetables of all kinds recently.
Ours seems to have more ranges but less in each range. A lot of the stuff I usually order is "no longer available", and their online shopping is even worse. Unfortunately they still do a lot of things that our local big Sainsbury's doesn't have (and our online shopping comes from there). There is however a fantastic and absolutely enormous Sainsbury's about five or six miles away which I have gone to and which has a lot more choice. Lidl has opened their new store a few minutes from me too.

Having said all that, I ordered some pork chops from Tesco this week. They were enormous, and lovely - dry fried for colour, and then slow cooked in a covered pan until just cooked through.

Last edited:
simple breakfast this morning.

20180520_091649.jpg

We just had whitebait (gf coating) sriracha mayo, mixed salad (various leaves, tomatoes, avocado, beetroot) and a local 'Sunday tea' salad of thinly sliced onion and cucumber with salt, sugar and vinegar.

Tagine of lamb, preserved lemons, olives, onions, and various spices and herbs served over couscous.

2018-05-20 18.34.28.jpg

creamy tomato sauce. Tried something different

Looks good. I love a good, saucy chicken parm. A lot of people prefer just a bit of sauce and cheese so that some of the breading is still exposed and crispy. Give me extra sauce, please.

A widow of a friend called around on Wednesday. She has discovered an excellent way of cooking chicken curry with virtually no effort at all. She gave my wife Bht 350.00 ($12.00) to buy the ingredients and asked her to ring when it was ready!

Today my wife and I cooked her curry, extra hot as instructed. Five portions (375/400 gm) plus one reserved for myself. This is the one that I reserved and although it was very spicy, it was very tasty. (With aromatic yellow rice and the last of the left over cauliflower masala (thank the Lord!).

001 s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom