What did you cook/eat today (May 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of jiggery pokery using Mac tools - but I don't mind your version. Its 'moody' :).

I did post mess with the contrast and colour balance using Photoshop but everything I did looked unnatural. I couldn't get the peas right. I'm sure I could have isolated each ingredient and dealt with them individually but it didn't seem worth the time and effort.

A chopped kale, green and red cabbage, and sweet onion salad with dried cranberries and toasted pumpkin seeds in a poppy ranch dressing.

Then, Pla Muk Yang, or grilled squid skewers with sweet chili sauce and lots of fresh cilantro.

Thank goodness for my tendency to buy in bulk, marinate & freeze chicken fillets.

Last night I was home late & starving.

There were garlic, lemon & oregano thighs in the freezer & a fat wedge of feta in the fridge. So horiatiki, chicken & bread were on the table in almost no time at all.

Homemade crab ravioli using the knuckle meat from our last of the season stone crab claws, with a roasted red bell pepper sauce, and a simple salad to start.

2018-05-24 18.28.35.jpg

Having been out and about for most of the day, everything's been running a bit late, so a light dinner at 11.30 p.m. of one of my soups - this time it's onion, carrot, a few slices of fennel, cherry tomatoes, spring greens, and kidney beans with a sprinkling of black pepper and a chunk of home made sourdough bread.

soup with fennel and kidney beans.jpg

Sorry the photo's a bit blurry. As you can see from the warning light on the hob, it was still simmering away when I took the photo.

P.S. There was some liquid under all that lot - about half a pint :laugh:

When we were is Kos at breakfast they served jars of Greek yogurt with honey, I had this for 2 mornings and thoroughly enjoyed it so I bought a small jar. Breakfast this morning was Greek yogurt with thyme honey, wow! The yogurt has a tang but is perfectky balanced against the mild flavour of the honey.

Look, look, look!!!!! @ Yorky's post reminded me. Not last night's dinner, but from 3 weeks ago when I was incommunicado. A deliberately runny egg - must be a first for me :roflmao: I actually rather enjoyed it.

WP_20180509_22_21_23_Pro.jpg

Last night's dinner was a cheese, tomato and mushroom omelette with a chunk of bread and butter. It had to be quick - I have been making sourdough (loaf and pizza bases). The dough for the loaf is in the fridge fermenting slowly; four balls of pizza dough are in the freezer, and the fifth is on the worktop having it's final proving before baking for a late lunch or early dinner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom