What did you cook/eat today (May 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of sausages between two pieces of bread, fried shallots and ketchup.

sausage sarnie s.jpg

Upset stomach during the night, so I just made an omelette for brunch. Really nice with free range eggs and mushroom,tomato, Spring onion,cheese, bacon. Remembered to take a pic at last minute,lol

Russ

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty, mg. Looks too nice to eat.

And I especially love fried salmon skin. I often take the skin that my wife and boy push to the sides of their plates, cut it into strips and fry it until crisp, then roll it with rice, cucumber, and nori for a late night snack.
Voila, a couple of $6 sake skin temakis that would have otherwise been tossed out.

Very pretty, mg. Looks too nice to eat.

And I especially love fried salmon skin. I often take the skin that my wife and boy push to the sides of their plates, cut it into strips and fry it until crisp, then roll it with rice, cucumber, and nori for a late night snack.
Voila, a couple of $6 sake skin temakis that would have otherwise been tossed out.

As it happens I didn't eat it - salmon is not a fish I like (too oily for me) - but it did get eaten by my partner. Its definitely a good trick, frying up that skin, though.

Pork and fennel baklava with confetti cauliflower rice/couscous. The baklava is out of the Feasts Persian cookbook, although I used fresh fennel instead of seeds since we had some we needed to use up. I would halve the amount of syrup because it's a little too sweet for me. The rice had red bell, zucchini, currants, green onions besides the cauliflower, with spices of turmeric and ras el hanout.

2018-05-03 19.02.35.jpg

A rare day off, so a good excuse to go to the pub for lunch.
tartare.jpg

Smoked salmon and scallop tartare with avocado and mango salad and a jalapeño mayonnaise. Some awesome flavours bouncing around there.

A rare day off, so a good excuse to go to the pub for lunch.

Smoked salmon and scallop tartare with avocado and mango salad and a jalapeño mayonnaise. Some awesome flavours bouncing around there.

It looks like pubs in Shropshire are somewhat dissimilar to pubs in Yorkshire (when I were a lad). That plate would've been sent back with the message "fill it up lass!"

[And don't play with thee food!]

Last edited:
In fairness it was a starter. Not that this was reflected in the price though - it does seem that the less food on the plate the higher the price.

These will be my snap for this evening..............

May prepared s.jpg

Stuffed with this.............

May 1 filling s.jpg

I may not capture another image as the result will be the same as the last time and it looks like we have an imminent thunderstorm on the horizon.

I may not capture another image as the result will be the same as the last time and it looks like we have an imminent thunderstorm on the horizon.

It looks like the storm has bypassed us so I managed one image. I've only eaten three (out of the five out of the ten) - leaving the other two for a cold supper. They are just as good cold!

may cooked 2 s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom