What did you cook/eat today (May 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Is there such a thing? Don't forget that quite a lot of the alcohol evaporates when wine is cooked - so the cals will be less than the amount of wine you added. Quite how much less I don't know, but at least 40% less, I believe.

This is the only kind I can get without going mail-order. It's a good red wine, and it's inexpensive...just the sort of thing I like to use for cooking. It turns out that their "secret" is making it somewhat lower in alcohol content (about 12% vs 13.5% or so for other wines). Again, for cooking, this is perfect.

skinny-girl-red-wine.jpg

This is the only kind I can get without going mail-order. It's a good red wine, and it's inexpensive...just the sort of thing I like to use for cooking. It turns out that their "secret" is making it somewhat lower in alcohol content (about 12% vs 13.5% or so for other wines). Again, for cooking, this is perfect.

skinny-girl-red-wine.jpg

Ah! That is interesting. I use a 10.5% wine for cooking which I guess is even less cals, then.

Photo to follow (if my new phone s stops playing up!)
Deep fried hard boiled eggs for lunch, 3 different flavours. One was just straight forward chickpea flour batter coated. The next was chickpea flour, garam masala, salt, black sesame seed and sparkling water, and finally a thinner version of the chickpea flour batter wrapped in a filo pastry casing... All 3 were very nice and I'm torn between deciding which I preferred.

Photo to follow (if my new phone s stops playing up!)
Deep fried hard boiled eggs for lunch, 3 different flavours. One was just straight forward chickpea flour batter coated. The next was chickpea flour, garam masala, salt, black sesame seed and sparkling water, and finally a thinner version of the chickpea flour batter wrapped in a filo pastry casing... All 3 were very nice and I'm torn between deciding which I preferred.

Yay! Lots of Cookalong eggs. The idea of the filo pastry casing sounds wonderful.:okay:

Easy meal plus a fav tonight. Baked b/s chicken thighs with swiss cheese, a mix of cream of mushroom soup and white wine over, with a sprinkle of crushed dried stuffing cubes drizzled with butter, then baked. Asparagus for a vege.

image.jpeg

A new shop,selling Mediterranean foods opened near me, like 50 metres away. I've been in there 3 times already. Today I bought some flat breads and kebab lamb mince already flavoured. They smell really good. Bought some hummus and tahini, making tzatziki yoghurt to go with the meat. Lettuce and tomatoes as well. I'm looking forward to this. I also bought some spices for making my own kebabs but thought I'd try theirs first.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Fillet steak (rare) with cauliflower and béchamel sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes and English mustard. I decided upfront that there would be minimal room for spuds.

3 s.jpg

4 s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom