What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reverting to red meat............

Fillet of beef.

fillet 2 s.jpg

With roast potatoes and cauliflower cheese.

fillet 5 s.jpg

I've really got to stop looking at this site on my phone and wait until I am at my laptop. The pictures on a small screen make me think: Mmm, nice food. The same pictures on my laptop, closer to plate size, I think: Wow, I want to eat that NOW!

I made a roast yesterday so am making a nice bone broth soup with loads of spices and vegetables. I gave my husband a cold so I'm trying to make him better now :)

My local greengrocer is quite an enterprising fellow and usually has something interesting to try. Recently, he acquired some persimmons, so they looked worth a bash. I certainly don't recall having one before, so I'm pretty sure it was something new to me. Very nice they were, too; very juicy and sweet.

My local greengrocer is quite an enterprising fellow and usually has something interesting to try. Recently, he acquired some persimmons, so they looked worth a bash. I certainly don't recall having one before, so I'm pretty sure it was something new to me. Very nice they were, too; very juicy and sweet.

Yes they are bang in season at the moment - sometimes called Sharon Fruit or Kaki. They make a good spicy pickle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom