What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partner's lunch: fried duck egg sprinkled with mushroom dust, confit garlic cloves, courgettes fried with fennel seeds on a flatbread. Mushroom dust is my latest discovery! I'll post the recipe (such as it is).

20171117_133605.jpg

This evening we were in a Turkish restaurant, I had lamb sish and my husband had chickeh sish. Each plate had a small portion of rice, tomato-onion and cucumber salsa, shredded pickled red cabbage, lettuce and of course the meat-big chunks cooked on the grill, juicy and with a char taste as did the portions of onion and green pepper. Absolutely delicious :hungry:. No pics, we were too hungry to mess about :laugh:

Yorkshire nouvelle cuisine again (room for nowt else ont'plate)..

Made a garlic & Keen’s curry powder compound butter. Used that to rub into the breast under the skin, inside the cavity & all over the skin of a chicken.

Roasted the chook on a bed of chopped root veg.

Removed everything from the pan & made gravy & served with steamed green veg.

This evening we were in a Turkish restaurant, I had lamb sish and my husband had chickeh sish. Each plate had a small portion of rice, tomato-onion and cucumber salsa, shredded pickled red cabbage, lettuce and of course the meat-big chunks cooked on the grill, juicy and with a char taste as did the portions of onion and green pepper. Absolutely delicious :hungry:. No pics, we were too hungry to mess about :laugh:

I have never been to a Turkish restaurant but now I'm very curious:)

As starter, warm focaccia filled with pork lard and fresh thyme. We usually don't eat pasta with bread/focaccia ( too much carboidrates) but I had leftover focaccia and some leftover pork lard strips, so delicious together..
View attachment 11653

I'm quite fascinated by this use of lard - in the UK (and USA?) lard has gone completely out of fashion and is seen as a 'bad fat'. I guess the lard you use is not the same as the 'blocks of lard' available in the UK. But nevertheless it does look very fatty ( I am not being critical - just curious).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom