What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yorky

Like photo number 1 that shows a variety of kebabs, but Photo number 2 for the arrangement in the 1st photograph. Probably same ..

Tomato, chicken, mushroom, red pepper, etcetra .. I like the alternative colors ..

A question. I prepared each of the foodstuffs for the kebabs and each was in a separate dish/bowl. My wife put the items on the bamboo sticks because she is more adept than I at such procedures.

If I had skewered them myself they would have been symmetrical, i.e. onion, chicken, pepper, mushroom, tomato and repeat. Each one the same.

How would you have done it?

[I appreciate that it doesn't make the slightest difference].

Symmetrical.

Symmetrical

My Honey is hunting so I will treat myself to Fondant Potatoes, pan seared ground beef pattie, with the last of the lettuce and cucumber from the garden. I have a lot of green tomatoes that will not have time or enough heat to ripen. So fried green tomatoes with an over easy egg for lunch.

Symmetrical - I'm the queen of fussy.

I scored some cheap kifler potatoes yesterday and happen to have some frozen duck fat so I want to build a dinner around those things.

I've been depleting the freezer in readiness for Xmas so I'm not sure what's in there exactly.

Dinner was a thick spicy vegetable stew (potatoes, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, aubergine and plenty of garlic) with a thick chunk of bread, followed by rice pudding.

WP_20171125_22_35_20_Pro.jpg

Today we are headed to Gerona, 1 hour north of Barcelona, to do some Christmas Shopping and shall have lunch on a car free cobblestone narrow Street in the historic district .. We plan to share a traditional Paella Fideuà Marinara ( a noodle Paella with shellfish only ) ..

I have a Paint Date with my Niece(Middle Sister's daughter) this afternoon. My niece was born with Cerebral Palsy and has been confined to a wheel chair her entire life. In spite of her disability she is a wonderful artist - abstract. For a snack while we paint I am bringing the fixings for fried green tomatoes - Sis and Niece both love them but don't make them.

We were busy again yesterday and were not free until 7pm. I made two daals (red lentil and chickpea) and fennel rice. Had a box of ready made poppadoms too.
I cooked the dishes in 40 minutes. The leftovers today are much better but it was a quick tasty meal last night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom