What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday night's dinner was the other half of the steamed veg in sauce, with some of @Yorky's masala potatoes, served up with mixed salad leaves and flatbreads.

Steamed veg in a spicy sauce 2.jpg

A bowl of chicken celery soup with a slice of fresh French bread slathered with butter. Lettuce, cucumber and the first fall tomatoes from the garden with sliced red grapes, feta, EVOO and Balsamic vinegar. I am stuffed. My Sweet Man did not get the bread but he was very happy with his soup and salad.

No double yolks to gloat about point out tonight, eh @SatNavSaysStraightOn? :whistling: It looks very tasty and crave-able.

We leave on Saturday, so my usual routine is to do the last-minute errands two days before. While picking up some road food from the grocery store, a pre-made Pizzeria Uno pizza box fell into my cart. What a great idea! :thumbsup: It gave me the opportunity to use up the slice pepperoni, the last of a block of mozzarella, some olives, and a few fresh mushrooms. No pictures, since all that was really visible was the edge of the crust...and cheese.

No double yolks to gloat about point out tonight, eh @SatNavSaysStraightOn? :whistling: It looks very tasty and crave-able.
She's sorting life of slowly. We now have something called slab eggs... I'll post a photo of them if I had boil them. Keep an eye out in general chat. I may post a picture there because it's quite interesting. But instead of both yolks ending up in 3 shell, they are now in seperate shells but stacked up against each other after the shell has formed but before it hardens. Not great for her but provided they remain small they won't present any health problems for her and it does mean she is sorting life of. However, we do have 2 girls who are laying double yolkers... It's quite possible I have at rather a few this last week. We have given away some 10 dozen eggs... At one point we were down to less than a dozen fresh eggs in the fridge! Not including my hard boiled eggs, we now have 4 dozen again... They only laid 13 eggs today compared with a full house yesterday. All 18 birds who can lay, laid yesterday!

Nice.

And SNSSO what is the white? Yogurt?

I needed to use leeks from the garden, so...

Leek, bacon & asparagus tart/quiche with some grated Colby.
A “ Caesar” with chicken & bacon but no croutons or anchovy.
Rocket, pear & Gorgonzola salad.
Blanched asparagus with a lemon aioli dipping sauce.

I sprinkled the salads with toasted seeds for crunch.

2847AF85-77B1-4282-B486-1CAA28AE9461.jpeg

Nice.

And SNSSO what is the white? Yogurt?

I needed to use leeks from the garden, so...

Leek, bacon & asparagus tart/quiche with some grated Colby.
A “ Caesar” with chicken & bacon but no croutons or anchovy.
Rocket, pear & Gorgonzola salad.
Blanched asparagus with a lemon aioli dipping sauce.

I sprinkled the salads with toasted seeds for crunch.

View attachment 11356

A lovely quartet. Firstly I adore tarts/quiches or whatever we choose to call them, Secondly, a Caesar is always great. Thirdly, pear and gorgonzola - what a magic combo. Fourthly, asparagus with aioli - although I'm intolerant to mayo based sauces I do make an aioli with yoghurt and I adore asparagus.

@morning glory are those pearl onions? Looks like Bourguignon.

Lunch today was a repeat of last nights dinner. Chicken celery soup, lettuce, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from the garden, Bosch pear, Feta (out of Gorgonzola) EVOO and Balsamic.

@morning glory are those pearl onions? Looks like Bourguignon.

Lunch today was a repeat of last nights dinner. Chicken celery soup, lettuce, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from the garden, Bosch pear, Feta (out of Gorgonzola) EVOO and Balsamic.

They are whole shallots - I actually based this on your recipe Red Beans and Andouille Sausage Over Rice. I used a very hot pierced birds-eye chilli to infuse the sauce and added herbs to the stock - its my new favourite trick (chilli with fresh herbs).

Thanks MG. :)

I’m trying to focus on there being a lot of veg in all of my meals.

Your venison sausage stew looks lovely. We are moving away from stew weather here but we will still have curries through summer. Weird?

Veggie soup tonight (made from onions, carrots, leek, garlic, fresh tomatoes, a little tomato puree, frozen peas, and wholewheat penne, with dried mixed herbs, black pepper, and a touch of chilli), topped with grated cheese and served a chunk of wholemeal bread. Very warming and very filling. It was still bubbling away on the hob in the photo :D

Veggie soup with pasta.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom