What did you cook/eat today (October 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner this evening, Lincolnshire sausage and chorizo in a tomato sauce, roasted sweet potato and perfect poached egg cooked by my husband
20171029_174355.jpg

Last night's evening meal as cooked and served by my husband.
Sadly whenever I go on a diet he seems to do his best to undermine it and last night was no exception. He used an entire can of coconut cream in the dish rather than using the fresh coconut I had bought for the purpose of making homemade coconut milk which the recipe calls for. (the tinned coconut cream we use had exactly the same 2 ingredients as the tinned coconut milk we use, so I don't bother buying the tinned coconut milk, but instead dilute the coconut cream with water and freeze half of it.)

PSX_20171030_103701.jpg

I left over half the rice., again he served me way too much. he seems to have no concept of calories when I'm dieting!

Sadly whenever I go on a diet he seems to do his best to undermine it and last night was no exception. He used an entire can of coconut cream in the dish rather than using the fresh coconut I had bought for the purpose of making homemade coconut milk which the recipe calls for. (the tinned coconut cream we use had exactly the same 2 ingredients as the tinned coconut milk we use, so I don't bother buying the tinned coconut milk, but instead dilute the coconut cream with water and freeze half of it.)

View attachment 11271

I left over half the rice., again he served me way too much. he seems to have no concept of calories when I'm dieting!

Strangely it doesn't look very calorific. But coconut milk is so I can understand.

Strangely it doesn't look very calorific. But coconut milk is so I can understand.
Tinned coconut milk is as is tinned coconut cream (same size tin)... But homemade coconut milk is another matter entirely. Plus those bowls are large and my husband likes large chunks of veg. The sweet potato and pumpkin chunks are two mouthfuls for me!

We use Ayam coconut cream which comes in at around 1,000 calories per tin.
It's 100% natural with nothing extra added, hence why I prefer it, but my hubby doesn't 'adapt'. If a recipe calls for 250ml, he'll put the entire tin in even when the tin is 400ml and is 285Kcals per 100ml.

If you look at the Ayam coconut milk you'll see its 89% coconut kernel extract whereas the cream is 100% hence why I don't both purchasing the milk (245Kcals per 100ml). I just add less coconut cream and a touch more water! Why pay to buy water?

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly What did you think of it? Nice or not? How did you have it? On toast?

Yesterday breakfast wasn't successful. I've tried it on a toasted slice bread with butter and a minimum quantity of marmite...but not, I cannot go on.
Anyway I'll try it in the meat or in the potatoes, maybe it will works better.

The kind of crabs found around the UK are technically called brown crabs: Cancer Pagurus. According to Wiki the stone crab is Menippe Mercenaria and the Dungeness crab mentioned by @ElizabethB is Metacarcinus Magister or Cancer Magister - so it seems they are all different types.
So...they're all cousins. Mighty tasty cousins.

Sadly whenever I go on a diet he seems to do his best to undermine it ...
Men are like that everywhere, @SatNavSaysStraightOn. Every time my Mom mentioned that she wanted to lose a few pounds, Dad would come home with a box of chocolate cherry cordials. I never mention that I'm trying to lose a few pounds, but I think men have radar. Those are the only times my hubby comes home with tempting sweets from a bakery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom