What did you cook/eat today (October 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had chicken with mushrooms; asparagus; and a mixed fruit salad for a much later dessert. I seasoned the chicken liberally with fines herbes and sauteed, sauteed the mushrooms, then simmered it all in a pan sauce, adding dry Sherry and chicken broth (because I was too lazy to open a box of wine) and a squeeze of half of a Meyer lemon. Dusted the asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano.

20171029_224545.jpg

Honestly? Yesterday I was thinking to open the window and launch it :yuck: :laugh:....but I'm a curious girl (girl?!:whistling:) thus I've tried to season potatoes....Ehi! Not bad, not bad indeed. Where Marmite could bring me tomorrow? To be continued.....
View attachment 11288
You will not convince me that it is any good except maybe to put straight in the bin. I never have liked it.

Lunch today along with a few snacks until tea time. The eggs are curried picked eggs hence their colour.

DSC_2160.JPG

Broken open you can see the yellow doesn't extend very far into the egg white, but then the yolks are quite large compared to the egg white.

DSC_2162.JPG

In there, there is the usual lettuce, spring onion, snow peas, red and green peppers, tamari almonds, tomatoes, mushroom, celery, carrot, grapes, tofu, hummus and senap. I'll probably finish it off with an orange or half a grapefruit later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom