What did you cook/eat today (October 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? Yesterday I was thinking to open the window and launch it :yuck: :laugh:....but I'm a curious girl (girl?!:whistling:) thus I've tried to season potatoes....Ehi! Not bad, not bad indeed. Where Marmite could bring me tomorrow? To be continued.....

Yes - think of it as concentrated beef stock. It may be that you put to much on your bread. It needs to be with butter and about a quarter of a tsp or even less per chunk of bread or toast.

Yes - think of it as concentrated beef stock. It may be that you put to much on your bread. It needs to be with butter and about a quarter of a tsp or even less per chunk of bread or toast.

Yes, concentrated beef stock is the first thing I've thought.I've put a very little quantity of it on my toast but also the smell didn't help.
Melted during cooking of potatoes was slightly better and I have to admit that they were good.
Little by little.

Last edited:
Honestly? Yesterday I was thinking to open the window and launch it :yuck: :laugh:....but I'm a curious girl (girl?!:whistling:) thus I've tried to season potatoes....Ehi! Not bad, not bad indeed. Where Marmite could bring me tomorrow? To be continued.....

I have not tried this "recipe" with Marmite but it works very well with Bovril (could Bovril be considered similar?).

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/bovril-oven-roasted-potatoes-522094

bovril roasts s.jpg

And......................................
I've found it! :woot:
View attachment 11249
I was too much intrigued!
The smell is like a stock cube....
And it can be used exactly that way. Vegemite is quite often used in beef casserole & stew type dishes as a flavour booster here in Australia.

Last night was our Halloween family dinner. My sister in law usually hosts, decorates the house with lovely creepy things and the kids trick or treat in the street.

There was a huge cheese platter
1 chicken curry damper dip*
1 bacon & sweet corn damper dip
Pizza scrolls

...and then my contribution - fondue stuffed whole roast pumpkin, black sesame & black salt lavosh crackers plus a huge container of celery & carrot sticks.

7574D428-A314-4D3F-9F8D-C8C3453DA6CE.jpeg

Inside the fondue is Colby, vintage cheddar, Emmental, Brie & Gorgonzola.

* damper dip is a hollowed out round loaf filled with a mixture & baked.

Last night was our Halloween family dinner. My sister in law usually hosts, decorates the house with lovely creepy things and the kids trick or treat in the street.

There was a huge cheese platter
1 chicken curry damper dip*
1 bacon & sweet corn damper dip
Pizza scrolls

...and then my contribution - fondue stuffed whole roast pumpkin, black sesame & black salt lavosh crackers plus a huge container of celery & carrot sticks.

View attachment 11309

Inside the fondue is Colby, vintage cheddar, Emmental, Brie & Gorgonzola.

* damper dip is a hollowed out round loaf filled with a mixture & baked.

Very cute! :thumbsup:

Tonight I just used up some veg so stir fried cabbage, leek, yellow pepper and mushrooms with garlic and a nice scotch bonnet a farmer gave me. Was rather nice.

Tomorrow I'm planning cauliflower steak so just planning what spice to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom