What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170920_090208.jpg
That sounds delicious - and spicy!
Quite if I may say so myself. Today I whipped up a salad that and I took a quick shot before I tossed it and added a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

View attachment 10501
Quite if I may say so myself. Today I whipped up a salad that and I took a quick shot before I tossed it and added a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Very pretty! Your photography is improving in leaps and bounds @winterybella! :D Are those blueberries? At first I thought olives but didn't think that was very regional.

I SO did not want to cook. However, I like to eat, so cook I did. First, the ubiquitous salad:
20170920_224206.jpg

Then, three items into the oven, each with their own pan to accommodate their individual cooking times. We had pork tenderloin generously seasoned with Herbs de Provence and granulated garlic; roasted potatoes with granulated garlic, salt, and pepper; and broccolini with salt and garlic. Oddly enough, the flavor of the garlic was rather muted!
20170920_224229.jpg

Hubby didn't want any of the third "course", so I ended up eventually having two!
20170920_224705.jpg
:giggle:

Very pretty! Your photography is improving in leaps and bounds @winterybella! :D Are those blueberries? At first I thought olives but didn't think that was very regional.
Blueberries and they are usually expensive around here as are olives. A supermarket opened close to me and has some very attractive prices with fruits that are not locally grown so I am excited. I was looking at the beautiful pics and saying I have to up my photography game. I take my props coming from you though.

We went out for lunch today and I had caesar salad, very tasty apart from the avocado :yuck:that was pushed to the side of the plate, slimey and pointless, doesn't belong on any plate.

We went out for lunch today and I had caesar salad, very tasty apart from the avocado :yuck:that was pushed to the side of the plate, slimey and pointless, doesn't belong on any plate.
Oh no!! You pushed the avocado to the side? I should have been by your side. I love avocado and it's in season now. I can't get enough. I just don't like to do much with it but I've been planning on trying some recipes with it. In our country the locals call them pears.

Oh no!! You pushed the avocado to the side? I should have been by your side. I love avocado and it's in season now. I can't get enough. I just don't like to do much with it but I've been planning on trying some recipes with it. In our country the locals call them pears.
I'm not overkeen on them (and they are rather calorific so I avoid them) but I have them around a lot since son went vegan. He loves them! I make guacamole which doubles as a sandwich filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom