What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:58 AM
Simply tell us what you cooked, ate or drank today. We love to know! Photos are appreciated but not at all necessary.

Chilli con carne (re-heated). A little over the top for 36 degC temperature though.

1 s.jpg

3 s.jpg

00798BEA-FA72-4703-9875-1D453EF6653E.jpeg

Chicken Milanese Sandwich with a side of bacon tater tots, blue cheese dressing, and blue cheese crumbles. At Robert Irvine’s Public House, Las Vegas. There was also what was supposed to be a lemon caper aioli that was really just a plain mayo. That little bit was disappointing, but the rest of it certainly wasn’t.

Margherita galette with country fried potatoes , butter poached eggs and blistered, homegrown, truffle salted shi-she-to peppers (spelled phonetically, shi-shi-to is correct spelling and hyphenated to avoid bad word censor). I got "lucky" and apparently got the only spicy 1 in the bunch.

2019-04-01 19.05.58.jpg

butter poached eggs and blistered, homegrown, truffle salted shi-she-to peppers (spelled phonetically, shi-shi-to is correct spelling and hyphenated to avoid bad word censor).

Sounds so good! What are 'butter poached eggs' (as opposed to fried)?

View attachment 23393

Chicken Milanese Sandwich with a side of bacon tater tots, blue cheese dressing, and blue cheese crumbles. At Robert Irvine’s Public House, Las Vegas. There was also what was supposed to be a lemon caper aioli that was really just a plain mayo. That little bit was disappointing, but the rest of it certainly wasn’t.

You're in Las Vegas! :dance:

A Mcpickle.

"Pickle lovers, it’s the news you’ve all been waiting for. We’re super stoked to announce the launch of our brand new McPickle Burger. It’s time to tuck into juicy, flavoursome pickles layered between melted cheese, ketchup sauce and toasted sesame seed buns. It’s sure to be a treat for all your senses."

April Fools. :laugh:

mcpickle-1554131782.jpg

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a27005712/mcdonalds-mcpickle-burger-april-fools-day/

View attachment 23393

Vegas, Baby!!!
Did you get to meet Chef Robert "big guns" Irvine?

Last edited:
Sounds so good! What are 'butter poached eggs' (as opposed to fried)?

I used way more butter than I normally would plus a bit of water, then poached them at a lower temperature than I would normally do eggs, basting with the butter/water mix, which is the way I did the butter poached veges we had with the quail meal last week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom