What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
Ok I got hungry and it's lunchtime so tomatoes on toast, lots salt n pepper. These are store bought as our tomatoes are done. Tomatoes this year are a disappointment this year. Only 2 batches of sauce made and 4 lots of pasta sauce made as well. White bread toasted. I ate both pieces.

Russ

View attachment 23454 Ok I got hungry and it's lunchtime so tomatoes on toast, lots salt n pepper. These are store bought as our tomatoes are done. Tomatoes this year are a disappointment this year. Only 2 batches of sauce made and 4 lots of pasta sauce made as well. White bread toasted. I ate both pieces.

Russ
:hungry::hungry::hungry: !

Spicy Sausage Paprikash. From Readers Digest Fast Healthy food.
Holy heck, this was spicy hot. I unsuspectingly took one mouthful and started hiccoughing. Mouth and lips were on fire by the time I'd finished! Will definitely do this again though, but will slightly moderate the spice the next time.

DSC_1005.jpg

SW rubbed quail with fennel pollen sprinkled on at serving, sweet and sour braised pearl onions an grapes over barley risotto and asparagus on the side.View attachment 23471

Meant to say that I got some fennel pollen after you first mentioned it here. I used it on a lobster dish - I must sort out the photo. Its heady stuff.

Holy heck, this was spicy hot. I unsuspectingly took one mouthful and started hiccoughing. Mouth and lips were on fire by the time I'd finished! Will definitely do this again though, but will slightly moderate the spice the next time.

View attachment 23474

What was in it to make it so hot? Seems unlikely that the Reader's Digest would be publishing super hot dishes!

I've found that breathing in suddenly to "cool" the mouthful is disastrous. The 'heat' burns the back of your throat!

Sure to a sudden and completely unexpected turn off events this weekend , lunch today was eaten out

The camera was on the hands of hubby.

A toasted sourdough sandwich made with sun dried tomato paste, hummus, sweet potato, cucumber, spinach leaves and topped off with tempeh. I usual eat it as an open sandwich with half the filling on each side.

_20190408_022909.JPG

What was in it to make it so hot? Seems unlikely that the Reader's Digest would be publishing super hot dishes!

Crushed dried chilies and paprika. I think I got a little over excited with the chilies. I cooked half measures but I think I may have forgotten and put enough for a full four portions plus a sprinkling extra. :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom