What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEDE87E8-BE0F-4D97-B1B8-CA17834C0801.jpeg

Asparagus soup, with raw asparagus tips. Kroger had asparagus for 99 cents a pound, so what other choice did I have? I sautéed garlic in a little bit of bacon grease in a little bit of anchovy oil. This gave it a tremendous amount of savoriness. Other than that, it was all asparagus and homemade stock.

View attachment 23511

Asparagus soup, with raw asparagus tips. Kroger had asparagus for 99 cents a pound, so what other choice did I have? I sautéed garlic in a little bit of bacon grease in a little bit of anchovy oil. This gave it a tremendous amount of savoriness. Other than that, it was all asparagus and homemade stock.

Bit of cream and I'm all over that. :)

Russ

Chicken supreme. I ate one spoonful and thought, "Oh dear, that's a bit bland".
However, it's all I had to eat and it wasn't unpleasant. I had another spoonful and then gobbled the rest down. Albeit bland, very moreish.

Back to the firery Hainanese chicken this evening. I think that she made it particularly spicy for Songkhran!

View attachment 23511

What a gorgeous colour!

There should have been a photo ,I did take it on hubby's phone and send it to myself but it hasn't arrived yet. (vegan) Mushroom bisque with fava bean croutons. Tasted divine, looks very plain. I don't think I use enough cayenne pepper in my cooking. I forget how much I like it.
Picture to follow when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom