What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Rowntree's Fruit Pastel ice lolly! Its about 30 C here.

fullsizeoutput_3663.jpeg

Last night was spinach and garlic pasta with a sweet onion, garlic, Madeira sauce.

2018-07-05 18.18.05.jpg

Check out all the hot weather food!

It’s freezing here.

I made a delicious Tom Yum soup the other night.

Last night was kransky sausages on crusty rolls with a hot sauerkraut topping and cheese. Potato & sweet potato wedges to go with it.

I’ve spent the morning cooking stuff for the freezer.

One of these lasagnas

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2018/07/02/the best-lasagne-recipe/

The method of stirring raw seasoned mince into the base sauce was new to me and the resulting meat sauce was delicious.

I poured about a 1/3 of it that was leftover into another dish & topped with Mac & cheese.

3646CFC1-DCC8-4C15-9400-6B2BB8A23B4E.jpeg

Yes both trays have a naked quadrant as my OH isn’t a fan of cheese.

Such people exist. Terrible.

He eats way more cheese than he knows.

There’s Parmesan in that bechamel for example.

These are in the freezer wrapped in foil & bagged before labeling with contents, date & cooking instructions.

Currently baking a sweet slice type thing that has a peach filling and an almond topping.

As I've had to temporarily go on a low fat diet of less than 20g per day and no more than 10g per meal which is actually way more difficult than it sounds, I've been trying to find ways to prepare some meals with low fat options. So yesterday I tried making potato salad with 0% fat fromage frais. It actually tasted pretty good considering.
I used charlotte potatoes, 0% fromage frais, mint, spring onions and smoked garlic. I had seconds!

DSC_0046-1.jpg

As I've had to temporarily go on a low fat diet of less than 20g per day and no more than 10g per meal which is actually way more difficult than it sounds, I've been trying to find ways to prepare some meals with low fat options. So yesterday I tried making potato salad with 0% fat fromage frais. It actually tasted pretty good considering.
I used charlotte potatoes, 0% fromage frais, mint, spring onions and smoked garlic. I had seconds!

I usually do prepare potato salad like this as I have an intolerance to mayo. I usually use yoghurt rather than fromage frais and if you can get it, dill is a lovely addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom