What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muhammara - for the CookingBites recipe challenge. See all the entries for the challenge here.

fullsizeoutput_3670.jpeg

Grilled Cod with Anchovy Butter. Another Floyd. Less than ideal as I'll be eating it at work tonight (I'm on late shift). So it'll be nuked in the microwave which will toughen it up somewhat.

DSC_0052.jpg

Anchovies and capers?

Yes, a little olive oil on cod and sprinkle with salt, grill 5 mins (ish) each side.

Butter, anchovy paste, finely chopped capers (I added a few whole ones, just because), lemon juice and some ground pepper.

Squidge the butter onto the fish when grilled.

Yes, a little olive oil on cod and sprinkle with salt, grill 5 mins (ish) each side.

Butter, anchovy paste, finely chopped capers (I added a few whole ones, just because), lemon juice and some ground pepper.

Squidge the butter onto the fish when grilled.

It is definitely a shame to microwave it!

Made the Burger Meisters (Marcel Desaulniers) "Shrimp Boulettes Po' Boy Burger" for the first time. I couldn't find the recipe on line to link to. The burgers are grilled, basted with homemade Worcestershire sauce (I used some we had made using Emeril's recipe) and served with a Creole sauce as the condiment. Marcel is probably better known for his book "Death by Chocolate".

Laat night was Korean vegematarian take-out.

Kimchee, sweet pickled shallots, and steamed savory veggie buns.

0708182244b.jpg

A brace of cod tails.

Cod tails s.jpg

To batter? Or not to batter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom