What did you cook or eat today (June 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and yesterday I made some pies: chicken, leek and mushroom for the meat eaters and butterbeans, leeks and mushrooms for the vegan and vegetarians.

fullsizeoutput_35f9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_35fa.jpeg

Thursday night's dinner was a broccoli and kidney bean curry, which was very hot. I served it with a thick slice of bread.

broccoli and kidney bean curry.jpg

Friday night's dinner was a stir fry of onions, carrots, courgette, garlic, root ginger, red peppers, tomatoes, spring onions and summer greens. It was seasoned with light soy sauce and Chinese 5 spice seasoning. I added a couple of tablespoons of water near the end of cooking and left it simmering until the greens were cooked (but still crunchy) and the sauce had reduced almost to a syrup. Served with steamed rice. There was enough left (in the huge pan at the right of the photo) to have seconds,

courgette stirfry.jpg

Samosas were planned for tomorrow but my maker (and wife) decided that she's going shopping with her mate to Khorat. So I'm having them today.

June filling s.jpg

Quite spicy and limeley(?)

In my opinion these samosas are perfect to accompany this evening's televisual extravaganza.

4 s.jpg

French Grand Prix free practice 3; Belgium 'v' Tunisia World Cup match; French Grand Prix qualifying; South Korea 'v' Mexico World Cup match.

I have another 10 if need be.

6 s.jpg

Last edited:
EA913CD0-0888-4E8F-A1D7-38AB5FA4270C.jpeg

Our final meal in Iceland: a gigantic pan with wolf fish, haddock, cod, mussels, prawns, and langostine tails, with a few vegetables thrown in for good measure. Fantastic.

My downfall on this trip was not the food: besides being excellent, it was healthy. But, I did drink a bit more than I normally do. It was a fun trip, but not something I can afford to do again (beer at a pub cost between $12 and $17, but the same beer was only $2 at a local beer store). I’ll miss Iceland.

View attachment 16981

Our final meal in Iceland: a gigantic pan with wolf fish, haddock, cod, mussels, prawns, and langostine tails, with a few vegetables thrown in for good measure. Fantastic.

My downfall on this trip was not the food: besides being excellent, it was healthy. But, I did drink a bit more than I normally do. It was a fun trip, but not something I can afford to do again (beer at a pub cost between $12 and $17, but the same beer was only $2 at a local beer store). I’ll miss Iceland.

Fabulous! I'm jealous. The beer prices made me wince though. :ohmy:

wolf fish,

Must remember that. We are on 'fish' in the alphabet game... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom