What did you cook or eat today (June 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasta here tonight. A quick sauce from scratch. Basically a puttanesca.

I’ll post pics from the weekend tomorrow but I’m still pretty wrecked so I’m off to bed.

I’m still waiting for my niece to send me through some more pics from Saturday night.

I’m pleased to say that the 18th birthday party we hosted for my daughter was a big success.

My partner Mat helped with the cake. His hands are steadier than mine so I piped rosettes onto trays and froze them then he stuck them on to get the desired affect.

2E05DEF2-9E15-408F-ABA5-40FA36E04CD5.jpeg

28957832-A846-441C-AD23-1CCE83B7E0D2.jpeg

This monster weighed in at aprox 5kg. I used pure lemon essential oil to flavour the butter cream for the cake then rose water to flavour the rosettes.

We also produced 48 cupcakes using the “orange blender cake” recipe & I used orange flower water to flavour the buttercream for those.

Lovely cake. Glad the part was a success!

We had leftover marinated steak from last week, baked potatoes, and an arugula salad.

I’m still waiting for my niece to send me through some more pics from Saturday night.

I’m pleased to say that the 18th birthday party we hosted for my daughter was a big success.

My partner Mat helped with the cake. His hands are steadier than mine so I piped rosettes onto trays and froze them then he stuck them on to get the desired affect.

View attachment 16575

View attachment 16574

This monster weighed in at aprox 5kg. I used pure lemon essential oil to flavour the butter cream for the cake then rose water to flavour the rosettes.

We also produced 48 cupcakes using the “orange blender cake” recipe & I used orange flower water to flavour the buttercream for those.

Wow! That is quite a cake. :bravo:

Printed a couple of butter chicken recipes off the net, I'm liking the ingredients. It's marinading ATM. Cooking in 2 hrs time. Hope fully I can get a pic.

Russ

image.jpeg

Not that one, but I've sent it to my e mail. Thanks, I like the sound of it.
Here's a pic of the one I did, 8/10 but I know how to get it near a 10. Too much tomatoe paste, spices need adjusting, cream quantity needs changing as well.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 16579 Not that one, but I've sent it to my e mail. Thanks, I like the sound of it.
Here's a pic of the one I did, 8/10 but I know how to get it near a 10. Too much tomatoe paste, spices need adjusting, cream quantity needs changing as well.

I minimise the use of tomato paste as I find it a little rich for my taste. Not that I exclude it altogether but I prefer to increase the fresh tomato content. As cream is difficult to obtain here, I tend to use yoghurt in lieu.

The only problem that I've found with buttered chicken is it doesn't freeze well.

Printed a couple of butter chicken recipes off the net, I'm liking the ingredients. It's marinading ATM. Cooking in 2 hrs time. Hope fully I can get a pic.

Russ

That's actually on our menu this week. It's been a while since we made it but I don't remember it being that red. We'll have to compare.

Sorry, they were hyperlinked from "Photobucket" who have now changed their policy and require a monthly payment ($40.00 I think) in order to continue using their service. Obviously I told them where to go and recovered all my images from their site.

These are the images which are missing (I think):

butter chicken 1.jpg

butter chicken 3.jpg

[Edit: I believe that the caption is incorrect on the above. It looks more like Bratfud Bangla]

butter chicken naan.jpg

butterchicken-3.jpg

[Edit: And this is the above image with "more sauce"]

butterchicken-4.jpg

The colours vary as a result of the ambient lighting and the level of contrast that I used (I believe).

Last edited:
The colours vary as a result of the ambient lighting and the level of contrast that I used (I believe).

I've thought about the difference in colours and it could also be the difference in using fresh tomatoes and tinned tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom