What do you eat for breakfast?

sunshine793

Über Member
Local time
1:48 PM
I often eat bread and drink milk every morning this year. But my stomach palls with it.:o_o:
Could you tell me what do you eat for breakfast?:)

Usually just very strong black coffee. But, if I'm in the mood and I have time (and an appetite), I'll make a breakfast sandwich or breakfast burrito. I usually use just the whites of the eggs, and then mix in some combination of something I've made, some sort of cheese, and some sort of meat (if I have anything suitable). And, then I put it in a thermos, and wait until I'm on the freeway before eating it in my car as I drive into work. Yes, I know...not the prime dining experience, but I never have time in the morning to sit down and enjoy breakfast. Well, that's not totally true: I am sitting in my car.

...Could you tell me what do you eat for breakfast?:)
My wake-up beverage is black tea with a bit of sugar and a fair amount of very light cream. During warm weather, I tend to have Greek yoghurt with fresh fruits or nuts & honey, or some cottage cheese with strawberries or cantaloupe. During cold weather I favor oatmeal, either old-fashioned rolled if I'm in a hurry, or more often steel cut oats. I'll make a big batch of those for four servings, eating one right away and put three in the refrigerator in portions. Oatmeal often gets walnuts and honey, or some brown sugar, or dried fruits like cranberries or cherries.

Usually just very strong black coffee. But, if I'm in the mood and I have time (and an appetite), I'll make a breakfast sandwich or breakfast burrito. I usually use just the whites of the eggs, and then mix in some combination of something I've made, some sort of cheese, and some sort of meat (if I have anything suitable). And, then I put it in a thermos, and wait until I'm on the freeway before eating it in my car as I drive into work. Yes, I know...not the prime dining experience, but I never have time in the morning to sit down and enjoy breakfast. Well, that's not totally true: I am sitting in my car.

What is this thing about using only the egg whites? I've seen it a few times mentioned. I know there was a fashion some time ago in California (I think) for making egg white omelettes as they were low calorie. And what do you do with the egg yolk?

Working week, a mug of tea and cereal. At weekends, time off tea and maybe croissant and fresh fruit, bacon buttie, toast and honey....

I eat a lot of sandwiches for breakfast, although many of them aren't traditional breakfast foods. I just had a Taylor ham (pork roll - like a soft cured salami or mortadella), fried egg, and cheese on a toasted soft roll, so that is breakfast-y.

Some other favorites are tuna salad on white bread, or ham and mustard on rye.

I also have a kind of weird (weird in America) habit of eating fish for breakfast. A tin of mackerel in oil on seeded crackers, or pickled herring on a toasted flatbread, or smoked salmon on a bagel are common.

What is this thing about using only the egg whites? I've seen it a few times mentioned. I know there was a fashion some time ago in California (I think) for making egg white omelettes as they were low calorie. And what do you do with the egg yolk?

My wife eats egg whites for the low cal thing, as well as lower cholesterol.

I think it's since been proven that a yolk doesn't affect blood cholersterol, but she's gotten in the habit of yolkless eggs and prefers them that way now. It takes 3 or 4 eggwhites to make a decent omelette that way.

She usually just chucks out the yolk, but when I cook eggs for her, I save the yolks and cook them separately in order to feed them to my birds. I put the cooked eggs back in the half shells, and the birds have fun delicately holding the shell and eating the yolk out of it.

My wife eats egg whites for the low cal thing, as well as lower cholesterol.

I think it's since been proven that a yolk doesn't affect blood cholersterol, but she's gotten in the habit of yolkless eggs and prefers them that way now. It takes 3 or 4 eggwhites to make a decent omelette that way.

She usually just chucks out the yolk, but when I cook eggs for her, I save the yolks and cook them separately in order to feed them to my birds. I put the cooked eggs back in the half shells, and the birds have fun delicately holding the shell and eating the yolk out of it.
I often put additional yolks in mine!

Shredded Wheat with almond milk
Bacon and eggs
Sausage, eggs & black pudding
Kippers or smoked mackerel
Omelette
Roasted tomatoes on wholemeal toast
Poached eggs with baked beans
Fruit from the garden with Greek yoghurt
Or if I'm feeling really healthy a disgusting green concoction, whizzed up in the Nutribullet.

I like sandwich,too. But I have no time to do it, because I always get up late.:facepalm:

Shredded Wheat with almond milk
Bacon and eggs
Sausage, eggs & black pudding
Kippers or smoked mackerel
Omelette
Roasted tomatoes on wholemeal toast
Poached eggs with baked beans
Fruit from the garden with Greek yoghurt
Or if I'm feeling really healthy a disgusting green concoction, whizzed up in the Nutribullet.
I think your breakfast attracts me much !

Back
Top Bottom