What do you love or hate about your kitchen?

I admit I do quite like the challenge, but the big negative is not having a store cupboard full of tweaking ingredients.
I bought something like this (but with 12 compartments) for taking in our van. I usually have some sort of chilli (usually flakes and a powder), smoked paprika, cumin seeds and powder, coriander seeds and powder. And I have a salt and pepper grinder I leave in the van. It's useful as it takes up little space.
s-l1600.jpg

I bought something like this (but with 12 compartments) for taking in our van. I usually have some sort of chilli (usually flakes and a powder), smoked paprika, cumin seeds and powder, coriander seeds and powder. And I have a salt and pepper grinder I leave in the van. It's useful as it takes up little space.
s-l1600.jpg

Excellent idea!

Need more Counter space, i'd like to add a rolling island. Plus whoever designed the pantry was clueless. The pantry is made of drawers on the bottom and shelves on the top...this is great except the drawers are slightly two narrow for the space so when fully loaded pull the rails out of the pantry sides resulting in fallen drawer when fully extended open and also they left too much space above the drawers so the pantry could actually fit 2 more drawers. So i have rigged it up so the rails can't fall and have added two shelves in the drawer area. Its not a perfect solution but better than not being able to pull the drawers out and having wasted space.

If I had the money, I would gut the kitchen and the bathroom. The kitchen is small. First thing I did was paint all the cabinets White. The difference was like night and day. I installed a wall mount pot rack, took it to a mirror place and had them affix a mirror to it. I added some S hooks and hang my pots and pans from it. Also added a temporary tension Rod between two cabinets with S hooks, and hang my whisks, and some cooking utensils from same. Would like to place some lights under the cabinets as well. Would love marble countertops and backsplash, but it's not in my budget. Would like to price some window pane glass cabinet front doors. Ikea has some handy dandy space-saving gadgets that are reasonably priced. It's still a work in progress.

Last edited:
Ikea has some handy dandy space-saving gadgets that are reasonably priced.

Ikea is a great source of good budget well designed stuff - I hadn't realised you had it in the States!

First thing I did was paint all the cabinets White. The difference was like night and day.

Its amazing how much difference that can make. So many older kitchens are a drab brown...

Back
Top Bottom