What food/liquid are you craving today?

What is onion dip?
Onion dip is dry onion soup mix, mixed in a container with sour cream. It's delicious! Mom alwayz made it for parties and occasions growing up and now I make my own. I love it!:okay:

p.s.Now they have an onion roasted garlic soup mix, so I'm hooked on that flavour now :p:Maybe I'll post this little recipe in a thread since not many people know about it.

Onion dip is dry onion soup mix, mixed in a container with sour cream. It's delicious! Mom alwayz made it for parties and occasions growing up and now I make my own. I love it!:okay:

p.s.Now they have an onion roasted garlic soup mix, so I'm hooked on that flavour now :p:Maybe I'll post this little recipe in a thread since not many people know about it.
Well I think maybe we don't have hat here in the UK. Roasted garlic onion sounds to be good!

Last week, I was just constantly hungry. I also just wanted to sleep. Pretty much craving everything. No, not pregnant. It was menstrual week. I do that about once a month. Especially if it is light.

Now back in 1990, I quit getting hungry. It was several years before I got hungry again.
I was eating 3 times a week when I lost the hunger pangs.

When my husband and I got together, he would ask are you hungry, I would tell him no, but I can eat anyway. A half a child's plate would fill me up then.

Yes, I was very underweight. I was about 6 stones. I should weigh between 10 and 11 stones.
It took me about 10 years to get to 8.5 stones, then I stalled until I quit smoking then I got up to 10 stones in less than 3 months. The local charity shop offered me an exchange since I was going through sizes so fast.

At 'that time of the month' I could eat anything and everything.

At 'that time of the month' I could eat anything and everything.

Distant memories... strange thing but its been about 12 years since I was there. I miss it 'in a way'. I liked the up and down of the hormones. Now its more of an equilibrium after the ghastly turmoil of men*pause. Who on earth the decided to call it that! Very apt...

Sugar. I'm trying to get rid of my nighttime snacking habit. My diet is otherwise okay, but on an evening I snack a lot, and it tends to be biscuits and sugary snacks as I wait for the kettle to boil, wander into the kitchen for a cold drink, or respond to those little "pings" that go off in my head. I'm not hungry, just craving based on habit, so I'm trying to take the approach I did when I quit smoking, although it is a lot harder because I have to eat and cannot avoid it completely, and that tends to be the time when the "nag" can be the most compelling.

Strangley enough, as well as the psychological "pull" to eat sweet stuff that is the habit I've formed over the years, there's also a sort of physical faux-hunger that seems to appear shortly afterwards to try and push me in the direction of scoffing something sweet. I'm aware it's all in my head, but boy can it distract me from what I'm doing for a good while.

It's interesting and something I'm learning to control better as the days and weeks go on - although I do still plan to "give in to the beast" occasionally, not every day, but probably at least once a week ... :happy:

Back
Top Bottom