What food/liquid are you craving today?

I'm craving for chocolate today (with nuts and fruits is the best). I can't stop myself..hard day at work today, I'm nervous..in an hour I'll have a call back casting with 20 little boys and girls...with their parents to see castings :cry:... I'll finish very late and so on all the week.
My desk is full of chocolate, pralines, chocolate truffles...I need it to survive :chocegg:

This sounds very dangerous - unless you are one of those lucky people who burn off calories as fast as they eat them!

This sounds very dangerous - unless you are one of those lucky people who burn off calories as fast as they eat them!

I usually try to don't eat junk food or food with too much calories but trust me @morning glory....yesterday I was so close to madness! Chocolate could be a good doc :happy:..
Anyway, fortunately I have a gym by these parts and during the lunch break, I'll run on tapis-roulant at least half an hour.

I'm craving for chocolate today (with nuts and fruits is the best). I can't stop myself..hard day at work today, I'm nervous..in an hour I'll have a call back casting with 20 little boys and girls...with their parents to see castings :cry:... I'll finish very late and so on all the week.
My desk is full of chocolate, pralines, chocolate truffles...I need it to survive :chocegg:
Memories of Cadburys Fruit & Nut, the favourite snack of my late grandfather. He always used to buy the giant bars. I recall seeing a list of high calorie foods in a diet book, and they were top of the list - I think about 2000 calories. The most calories you could get in a single packet! As a farmer and keen gardener he easily burnt them off though.

After a rather nasty fall last week, I'm off my food in general, but I have started to crave certain foods.
My body is off solids. I guess it is possibly a side effect of having broken 4 ribs (2 on each side) and all at the bottom of the rib cage.

Now I remember reading an article that explained if you were craving sugary foods, they were not what you should eat. I know that it is the body's way of saying that you need certain vitamins or minerals (or both), but how does this all relate to my current injuries. (4 broken ribs, and a large hole in my knee - so lots of scar tissue.)

I'm currently craving
  • chocolate (this is a problem since I can't have dairy),
  • Liquids over solids
  • custard
  • Tonic water
There is a table here (http://natureworksbest.com/naturopathy-works/food-cravings/) that tells you what this translates to,

So for me:

Chocolate :what I need is magnesium: which means I should eat the following : found in Raw nuts and seeds, legumes, fruits
Liquids rather than solids : What i need is more water : Flavour water with lemon or lime. You need 8 to 10 glasses per day.
Soda and other carbonated drinks : what I need is more Calcium : found in Mustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame.

I'm not certain what category custard would fall under. It is my comfort food, but I don't make it very sweet, so it can't really fall under sugary foods. I guess it would have to fall under liquids rather than solids?

Having a quick look at what Calcium and Magnesium do in the body, it makes sense.

Calcium for the rib healing, blood clots, nerve messages. Magnesium for nerve function and energy production. It makes sense given the severity of my injuries. I had extensive (and still do) bruising, scratches, a large hole above my knee and broken bones.

So what are you craving right now? And how does this relate to what is going on it your life? Does it make sense to you?

I find this extraordinarily interesting ..
Thank you for posting .. Reading the entire thread now ..
Seem to have missed this one ..
Have a nice weekend ..
Hope you are having a Speedy recovery too ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you make your own? Its easy in the microwave.

The secretary has bought packets of pop corn and decided to share with me and the troupe..she made a bad choice :laugh:
Now I'm going to the office and I'll buy to her some chocolate for a little gift and to say thank you.

Last edited:
My microwave and popcorn thingy for it just burns popcorn so I end up with a mess of all stages from unpopped corn through to burnt popcorn. It's horrible and makes the house smell for days!

Microwave has been removed from my kitchen many years ago. Unuseful for me and it taken a lot of space. If I have to warm something I use stove. The same for pop corn, I like to put corn in the frying pan, cover with lid and ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-taa! :popcorn:

Microwave has been removed from my kitchen many years ago. Unuseful for me and it taken a lot of space. If I have to warm something I use stove. The same for pop corn, I like to put corn in the frying pan, cover with lid and ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-taa! :popcorn:

@MypinchofItaly

I do same .. My parents gave me a Brand new Micro Wave about 2 or 3 years ago and I used it once to defrost something .. I am thinking of giving it to one of my daughter in laws as I never use it .. I too re heat on stove top ..

Just prefer ..

Microwave popcorn is expensive and covered in chemicals (unless I'm buying the wrong brands - please tell me I am).
Pan-popped is cheap and tasty. Salt and sugar is my favourite. Big pain to clean the pan if you burn it though!

Microwave popcorn is expensive and covered in chemicals (unless I'm buying the wrong brands - please tell me I am).
Pan-popped is cheap and tasty. Salt and sugar is my favourite. Big pain to clean the pan if you burn it though!

Can you not just buy the 'naked' corn and pop it in the microwave? Hang on... I will grab an image as I have some.

Here we go - you can add your own flavourings, of course:

Photo on 09-11-2017 at 01.12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom