What foods have you recently tried for the first time?

Today afternoon snack was Peanuts butter on crackers. First time I tasted it and I was always so curious about it, mostly because seeing american movies, I often saw sandwiches with Peanuts butter..so, yesterday to the store I've decided to buy it and try...Wow! I like it! I think I'm going to become addicted to it...Mr P. has remove it with effort from my hands..

Uh-oh, sounds like you are hooked, @MypinchofItaly! Try it on apple slices. It's like a dessert! Our daughter enjoys it on celery stalks, with raisins marching down the length. It's a throw-back to her Girl Scout days - which she is still enjoying, since she co-leads a troop along with her best friend from Scouts. Of course!

Uh-oh, sounds like you are hooked, @MypinchofItaly! Try it on apple slices. It's like a dessert! Our daughter enjoys it on celery stalks, with raisins marching down the length. It's a throw-back to her Girl Scout days - which she is still enjoying, since she co-leads a troop along with her best friend from Scouts. Of course!

Yes I am! I'll try it on apple slices as you suggest. Maybe as filling for puff pastry? Who knows...I have to do some experiment...

Today afternoon snack was Peanuts butter on crackers. First time I tasted it and I was always so curious about it, mostly because seeing american movies, I often saw sandwiches with Peanuts butter..so, yesterday to the store I've decided to buy it and try...Wow! I like it! I think I'm going to become addicted to it...Mr P. has remove it with effort from my hands..

I really don't like it at all - I find it (a) oily and (b) dry - which is a strange combination! Did you have crunchy one or smooth one?

I really don't like it at all - I find it (a) oily and (b) dry - which is a strange combination! Did you have crunchy one or smooth one?

Peanuts butter.jpg

A smooth and I really like it.
I have to say that I bought it more for curiosity than for anything else, and, apart from the thousand calories, I admit it's a new taste and I like it. It looks like a little cream of hazelnuts and cocoa that I prepared months ago.
I was thinking of using this peanuts butter in coffee. The hazelnut coffee is used fairly by these parts (but I think more in Naples). They certainly use hazelnuts and not peanuts, but I want to try.

Mypinch, have you ever had a PB&J ? (Peanut butter and grape jelly on soft white bread)

Or how about pretzels filled with peanut butter, then dipped in chocolate. Mixed into fudge swirl ice cream.
:hungry:

View attachment 9326
A smooth and I really like it.
I have to say that I bought it more for curiosity than for anything else, and, apart from the thousand calories, I admit it's a new taste and I like it. It looks like a little cream of hazelnuts and cocoa that I prepared months ago.
I was thinking of using this peanuts butter in coffee. The hazelnut coffee is used fairly by these parts (but I think more in Naples). They certainly use hazelnuts and not peanuts, but I want to try.
I'm not sure if you're becoming acquainted with peanut butter, or just with putting it on crackers, but I have to recommend chunky peanut butter, too. While smooth peanut butter is just as tasty, I like the feel of real peanut chunks in the peanut butter.

I rarely use peanut butter as anything other than an ingredient in a recipe, and like any ingredient I use, I like to know what's in it. This is probably far more than you wanted to know about peanut butter, but there are also differences between "natural" peanut butter and "regular" peanut butter in terms of nutritional content (according to http://nationalpeanutboard.org):

Peanut butter (from USDA Nutrient Database):
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Total fat: 16g
Sat Fat: 3g
Sodium: 5mg
Sugar: 3g
Protein: 7g

Natural peanut butter (Top selling brand):
Sat fat: 2g
Sodium: 0mg
Sugar: 1g
Protein: 8g

I personally prefer the natural peanut butters, though the "regular" kinds are still tasty. Pad Thai is a famous dish that uses peanut butter in a savory realm, though many other dessert recipes out there that use peanut butter.

I'm not sure if you're becoming acquainted with peanut butter, or just with putting it on crackers, but I have to recommend chunky peanut butter, too. While smooth peanut butter is just as tasty, I like the feel of real peanut chunks in the peanut butter.

I rarely use peanut butter as anything other than an ingredient in a recipe, and like any ingredient I use, I like to know what's in it. This is probably far more than you wanted to know about peanut butter, but there are also differences between "natural" peanut butter and "regular" peanut butter in terms of nutritional content (according to http://nationalpeanutboard.org):

Peanut butter (from USDA Nutrient Database):
Sat Fat: 3g
Sodium: 5mg
Sugar: 3g
Protein: 7g

Natural peanut butter (Top selling brand):
Sat fat: 2g
Sodium: 0mg
Sugar: 1g
Protein: 8g

I personally prefer the natural peanut butters, though the "regular" kinds are still tasty. Pad Thai is a famous dish that uses peanut butter in a savory realm, though many other dessert recipes out there that use peanut butter.

Surely there will be someone who prepares it homemade, but here in italy is not a very used product, almost for nothing ... my choise was more for a curiosity. But there are inside very very small tiny pieces of peanuts. It is not completely smooth .. Anyway, I like it. I know I can not eat it every day, it is supercaloric.
A colleague of mine told me, " wow, you do sandwiches with peanut butter like in American movies!" :toast:

Nope, never. But now that there is, I want to try it with some ingredients. Until now I have tried it on cracked slices and fresh blueberries.
Grape jelly is a sort of jam?

Yes, it is a very sweet purple grape flavored jelly.

Every kid in America has had a PB&J at least once in their life, if not hundreds or thousands.

Yes, it is a very sweet purple grape flavored jelly.

Every kid in America has had a PB&J at least once in their life, if not hundreds or thousands.

I don't know if I will find this jelly here in Italy, at least I'll use a jam ... or on the strawberry jam in my fridge! I'll try it tomorrow morning for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom